It’s Official: Our Favorite Riverdale Couple, Bughead, Are Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Lili Reinhart and Cole Sprouse arrived at the Met Gala together, officially confirming the long-time rumor of the “Riverdale” co-stars dating.

Reinhart, 21, wore an H&M dress. Sprouse, 25, sported a Thom Browne suit. 

The “Riverdale” stars are now dating both on and off the screen. Reinhart, who plays Betty Cooper, and Cole Sprouse, who plays Jughead Jones, are a fan-favorite couple, with the couple-name “Bughead.”

The two sparked rumors last year when they were spotted kissing at the Comic-Con in San Diego last July. They never announced their relationship but were seen together in Hawaii, Paris, and Mexico.

“Every time someone asks me about it, I make a decision then and there whether I’m comfortable,” Reinhart told Seventeen magazine last month. “It’s not like I’m in some kind of contract, but I’m not in a place where I want to talk about it and that’s totally fine. It’s called a private life for a reason–it’s mine and it’s special and sacred. My relationships are between me and whomever I’m with, not between me and the world.”

Reinhart posted on her Instagram story today a screenshot of a tweet from last year, stating that it would be a dream come true to go to the Met Gala.

Sprouse, on the other hand, told to People, “Because whether you dismiss those rumors or whether you encourage those rumors, it’s giving people who are in my opinion are a bit entitled to your personal life more power, and you have to have spaces for reverence in the industry.”

Well, at least now all the fans know, and I know at least I couldn’t be happier or more excited to watch the next “Riverdale” episode Wednesday!

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.