Grey’s Is Here to Stay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

After more than 13 years on air, Grey’s Anatomy will be returning for yet another season. For dedicated Grey’s fans like myself, this news didn’t exactly come as a shock – the show is Shonda Rhimes’ baby and no one expected her to give it up so easily. There are some conflicting feelings that come with this news, however; part of me never wants the show to end, but the other part just wants to know how it all ends. Are the conspiracy theories true? Has Meredith been a victim of Alzheimer’s and imagined her whole career? Only time will tell… Here is what you can expect from the show’s 15th season.

With this expansion, the show will unfortunately be letting go of some fan favorites. Actresses Jessica Capshaw and Sarah Drew, who play Dr. Arizona Robbins and Dr. April Kepner respectively, will not be returning. The decision came after actress Ellen Pompeo, who plays Meredith Grey, was offered a whopping $20 million deal. The characters, who represented two underrepresented communities in TV, the LGBTQ community and the devout Christian community, will be sorely missed.

There are rumors that Kim Raver, who plays Teddy Altman, will be returning for the upcoming season following her 3 episode cameo at the beginning of season 14. 

The actors and the show’s creators have expressed that Grey’s wouldn’t have been able to continue for so long if it weren’t for the incredibly loyal and dedicated fan base.

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!