This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

While graduation at Clark isn’t until May 21st, it is never too early to start getting excited for such an amazing achievement! Graduating college is an accomplishment everyone should be proud of, and it can be really fun to plan some of the perks for your special day!

Graduation preparations you can think about now:

1. Honors Societies

Talk to your department(s) to see if your major or minor has an honor society you can join. Requirements for different department’s honor societies can be very different from one another, so ask ahead of time to make sure you don’t miss the deadline to apply or any meetings required to join. If you are already in an honors society, check out their website to see if it is possible to purchase graduation attire to note your accomplishments. Many honors societies have merchandise stores where you can purchase cords, stoles, pins, and plaques. Ask a representative for the honors society in your department if they will pay for the cord (as some departments do this), or if they would be willing to put together a group order to help split the cost of shipping.

• Her Campus seniors! The HC online store has cords available for purchase for being apart of you’re her Campus chapter!

https://www.hercampusshop.com/products/collegiette-cords

2. Post-graduation plans

If you don’t have a job or internship that starts immediately, this is a great time to travel with family, with friends, or on a solo trip! Go see a country or city you have always wanted to visit. Many students find travel experiences to be liberating from the stress of college, and also helpful in thinking positively about an unknown future. Start planning now for cheaper airfare! If you don’t want to fly, consider a National Parks road trip!

http://abritandasoutherner.com/national-park-annual-pass/#comments

• If you don’t have the time for a trip, just make sure to plan your travel plans back home with enough time to move out of your room, but before the Clark housing deadlines, or the June 1st move in day for Worcester apartments.

Things to start thinking about needing to prepare for:

1. Yearbook:

Clark automatically adds the yearbook onto your bill, so if you do not want to purchase a yearbook, make sure to contact the school to get the charge removed.

2. Senior week:

The Senior Leadership Committee, composed of your senior classmates, have been working hard all semester to plan out fun activities for seniors the weeks between classes ending and graduation. Keep these dates open if you want to participate! Previous events have included a house crawl, wine tasting, and paintballing. Some off-campus events do cost money and spots are reserved on a first come first serve basis, so keep an eye out for sign up notifications! Events that cost money are discounted from regular prices.

3. Selling items:

If you are not fifth-yearing or moving into an apartment in the area, start thinking about how you will get rid of items you won’t need anymore. This could include furniture, textbooks, or clothing if your home climate is different than at Clark. If someone is moving into your room in your off-campus apartment, contact them now and offer to sell them your furniture so they will not have to buy items or move them up several flights of stairs. Sell on Clark-Craigslist or similar online groups. Donate to the Clark Thrift shop or Goodwill.

Keep an eye out for additional articles from Her Campus Clark continuing the graduation preparation!

Savannah is a four-year student at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts and is still (somehow) adjusting to life on the East Coast. Being from San Francisco, she loves the Giants, being outdoors, and warm weather. Savannah has a busy schedule as a arsity athlete, a campus tour guide, an announcer at basketball games, and a member of the ITS Help Desk. Academically, she is studying Environmental Science and Geography. Her favorite hobbies include ballet, watching baseball, hiking, and watching The Vampire Diaries and Survivor
Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo