Galentine’s Day Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

It’s almost that time of the year again. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner (as you’ve probably noticed), and many people are busy making plans for the most romantic day of the year.

However, it’s often forgotten that Valentine’s Day is a holiday that can be celebrated by everybody, not just serious couples. Valentine’s Day is about celebrating the love we all have in our lives, and for many of us, that special love is our girlfriends. So, why not take this opportunity to celebrate your friendships in your own way?

Treat yourselves to some Galentine’s Day fun this weekend, and if you need some inspiration, here are some amazing ideas of how to celebrate:

Galentine’s Brunch

Since Valentine’s Day falls on a Sunday this year, why not spend it relaxing and enjoying Sunday brunch with your girlfriends?

Invite your friends and roommates to join you Sunday morning to cook a Valentine-themed brunch (try Nutella French Toast if you’re hungry for breakfast and chocolate) together. If none of you feel like cooking, bring sandwiches, croissants or even munchkins for everyone!

Romantic/Anti-Romantic Movie Night

Grab a box of chocolate, some popcorn and curl up on the couch with a romantic movie. Watch one of your favorite romantic movies in your apartment or dorm with your best friends.

If you want to stick with the day’s romantic theme, find a rom-com that everyone will enjoy, or if you want to go against the current, choose a fun slasher flick (My Bloody Valentine would be perfect).

Galentine’s Party

Throw a Galentine’s party for all of your girlfriends!

Decide on a reasonable time for you and your guests to get together at your place Saturday night, go all out with colorful decorations and spend some quality time with your friends! You can paint each other’s nails, bake chocolate desserts, make Valentine’s-themed drinks, or do arts and crafts!

Whatever your relationship status is, don’t hesitate to use this weekend to take a break from schoolwork, have fun with your pals and enjoy Valentine’s Day!

Caroline McCarthy is a senior at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in English. She is originally from Brattleboro, Vermont. When not writing English papers, Caroline spends her free time with friends, messaging her younger brother, cooking, shopping and watching movies.
Isabelle is a student at Clark University, who has declared as a Cultural Studies and Communications major and a minor in sociology. She is a yoga instructor at Clark, as well as the manager for the Clark Field Hockey team. She has a deep love for sea turtles, the free people Instagram account, and card making. When she isn’t procrastinating school work she can be found on the sidelines of Clark athletics events, or hanging out with friends and family. Isabelle is really excited to be a contributing member of the Her Campus team.