sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

We’re barely a month into the semester and the weather is getting colder faster than you can say ‘pumpkin spice latte.’ If you’re from the East Coast, then you can agree with us when we say that fall is the best time of the year. The leaves are changing, the air smells crisp and there are so many outdoorsy activities just waiting for you. Take a break from the stress of school and spend a weekend crossing off some top items on our fall bucket list!

1. Apple picking: You’re not doing fall right if you don’t go apple picking. You can also make caramel apples with the ones you pick!
  2. Eat or make apple cider donuts: Most apple orchards sell these, so treat yourself after a hard day of apple picking.
  3. Pumpkin picking: Pick some mini pumpkins to decorate your dorm room, or if you’re feeling up for it grab a carving kit and let your artistic skills shine.
  4. Halloween costume shopping: An even better idea would be to hit the craft store and DIY your costume.
  5. Horror movie night: Spend a night in with your SO or BFFs and have a scary movie marathon.
  6. Freshen up your Fall wardrobe: Shopping for a few new pieces to complete your fall look is a great excuse to get off campus for the day. Take advantage of the Boston Bus and spend a day shopping in the city before the weather gets too cold!
  7. Haunted house: Nothing gets your heart racing like a good haunted house. Remember, Clarkies, The Peapod Squad and Shenanigans! will be hosting “Haunted Jonas Clark Asylum” on October 15th from 9-11PM in JC – don’t miss it!
  8. Corn maze/hayride: These are often a feature at pumpkin patches, so take a break, get lost in a maze with some friends and see who makes it out first!
  9. Bake some Pillsbury holiday sugar cookies: You know exactly which cookies I’m talking about, the pre-made ones with a pumpkin or a ghost on them that you used to make when you were younger. 
  10. Make s’mores: These are so easy and inexpensive to make! The bonfire pit outside of the Goddard Library is perfect for Clarkies who want to make s’mores.
  11. Tailgate a soccer game: Watch a soccer game with some friends and show CUWS and CUMS some love!
  12. Stock up on Fall candles: There is nothing that smells better than fall scented candles – Yankee candle has the best smelling ones but you can also pick some up at the convenience store for the same effect.
  13. Trick or Treat: you are never too old for this, but if you think you are then stock up on a few bags of candy from Walgreens for yourself. (Spoiler: you may already know this trick, but candy prices go way down the day after Halloween – we can’t wait for November 1!)

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!