kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Clark: A Year in Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This past year at Clark was one for the books. What better way to reflect than a year in review?

1. Opening of the ASEC building

In August, the university opened our newest building—the Alumni Student Engagement Center. With it came the relocation of the LEEP Center.

2. Volleyball making NEWMACs and NCAAs

Photo Credit: Savannah Sanford

For the second year in a row, Clark Volleyball made the NEWMAC tournament and, for the first time in program history, the NCAA tournament! An incredible accomplishment from a great group of ladies including Her Campus Clark’s own, Savannah Sanford!

3. Midnight Mayhem

Following last year’s tradition, the basketball kicked off their season with a 12:01 tipoff time at Worcester State.

4. MLK Day Racial Justice Teach-In

On January 20 of this year, The Center for Gender, Race, and Area Studies, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and Multicultural and First Generation Student Support put on this event to honor the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. and allow Clarkies to participate in events pertaining to various racial justice issues present in society.

5. GALA

Photo Credit: Rachel Gray

This year’s United we GALA was an event for the books. We saw the representation and celebration of many cultures present in the Clark community and learned about issues present in these countries currently.

6. Spree Day

Photo Credit: Ciara Kilian

Though it was raining this year, Spree Day was still fun thanks to the petting zoo, musical performances, and food trucks scatter throughout campus for the day.

7. Floetic Fridays

A new event to the Clark community, this event stems from the MLK Racial Justice Teach-In event that took place in January. Check out an event recap video here

8. Baseball making NEWMACS

After an incredible season, the baseball team made NEWMACs this year to compete for the conference title. A great accomplishment!

Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo