Cannibalism Scandal in Russia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

A recent cannibalism scandal in Russia has come to light after many years.  A couple, Natalia Baksheeva and husband Dmitry Baksheev, have been accused of murdering and eating over 30 people in the south-west Russian city of Krasnodar.

Dmitry Baksheev’s cell phone was found in the street on September 11th; what investigators found within the camera roll was horrific.  Photos of victims’ artfully positioned, severed body parts and gruesome selfies are few of the horrendous images found within the phone.

Investigators’ findings included photos of a human head served with fruit on a platter, frozen/steamed human meat, and pickled human parts in saline solutions.  Videos of how to cannibalize humans were found amongst their computers. 

Victims consisted of mostly women, who were lured in through dating sites or murdered in “rages of jealously”, says Natalia. One of their victims was a waitress who Natalia claims was trying to seduce her husband.

Natalia and Dmitry’s relationship could be perceived as a romantic mother/son relationship. Natalia took Dmitry in when he was thrown out of his house as an adolescent, and the couple married when he turned 18. Together, they have been committing acts of cannibalism for the past 20 years. Both have been arrested and isolated in solitary confinement.   

Source

"If your face is swollen from the severe beatings of life, smile and pretend to be a fat man." Chris Cleave
Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!