Campus Celebrity: Tyler Terriault

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Name: Tyler Terriault

Year: Senior

Major: Psych and Econ minor

Hometown: Claremont, New Hampshire  

Tell us a little about what yourself and your involvement.

Well I am the president of ROCU, I’m a diver on the Varsity Swim and Dive Team, I was a PA twice, I write haikus for the Scarlet and I like lasagna… I’m a psych major and I like analyzing people in situations and because of that I want to be a detective; I want to help people. I’m also the Vice President of CUPS. My favorite super hero is the Flash but if I could have any super power it would be Spiderman’s.  I’ve been dating my girlfriend Catherine for 6 years; she’s my campus cutie. I wrote a SLP Blog post about this all more eloquently here.

How would you describe yourself?

I’ll defer to Eddie on this one. “Carefree, and he wouldn’t describe himself as quirky because quirky has to be applied to you” – Eddie McCluskey

What’s your favorite thing you’re involved in?

Diving. I switched from swimming to diving this year and it’s been an exciting move. It’s kind of scary sometimes, because it’s so new. And you’re so high up. But then I have to remind myself I’m doing fine in where I am at each level. I’ve been swimming since I was 13, but this is the first year I’ve tried diving. It’s terrifying but exciting.

Do you have any advice for people getting involved?

Just jump in. Whether that means from the diving board or into a club. You’ve just got to do it and follow your passions. I mean, I trade off a little bit of sleep for the amount that I do, but it’s so worth it.  

What are you going to miss the most about Clark next year?

Just being where I belong. This is where I’ve set up my life for four years and it’s where I’ve made a ton of friends and done a lot. It’s going to be hard to not have something that always fills my time, and to not be with others. It’ll be hard to separate from that.

Do you have plans for after graduation?

It’s pretty up in the air. Hopefully I’ll get a job and eventually go to grad school. In ten years, I wan to be a forensic analyst in a big city. I also really like jokes and joking around, and I would love to do that for a living and travel around to make people laugh. But that’s just a dream and I’m just a boy.

What’s your favorite joke?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Why?

To get to the ugly persons house

What?

Knock knock

Who’s there?

The chicken.

Thanks, Tyler!

Jess is a Senior at Clark University who hails from Detroit, Michigan. She spends her time at college studying Psychology and Culture Studies & Communication, and trying to get involved in everything she can on campus! Jess wears a number of hat's around campus such as, President of the Student Activities Board, Co-President of Radio of Clark University, an intern for the Student Leadership and Programming Office, waitress at Annies Clark Brunch, and the Events Director for Clark's chapter of Her Campus! In her spare time Jess enjoys listening to music, reading, exploring Worcester, and spending time with friends!
Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!