9 Stages of Winter Break as Told by Pets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Winter break is finally, finally here. It seemed like the semester would never end, but the day has finally come that you get to pack your car and go home for some much needed R&R. Every collegiette can identify with these 10 stages of winter break, and no matter which stage you’re currently experiencing we hope you’re having as much fun as these pets!

Stage 1: Leaving campus

You finished your last final two hours ago, and packed in a record 20 minutes. You carry your bags across campus like a badge of honor, letting all the poor souls still taking finals know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Stage 2: Arriving at Home

You walk through the door, dump your laundry, and are greeted by a meal (that isn’t Kraft Mac and Cheese!) on the table. Life is good. 

Stage 3: Fooling Yourself into Thinking You’ll be Productive

Now that finals are over you can finally get back on that gym grind, read that book that you started back in September and color coodinate all of your materials for next semester. But really, who are you kidding???

Stage 4: Resignation

After three days of Netflix, yoga pants and napping every three hours, you’ve resigned yourself to the fact that you won’t achieve any of those goals… but for now you’re okay with it.

Stage 5: Catching up with Old Friends

You reunite, remember the good old days and your high school locker combination. You brag about all the clubs you’re in and how many times you’ve switched your major this year. You insta a pic with the hashtag #friends4ever or #reunion. Catching up with friends is so relaxing… until.

Stage 6: Realizing Your Friends are More Accomplished

Internships? Five classes? Deans list? Study abroad? Panic sets in as you realize literally all of your friends are doing extremely well, making you wish you could retreat back to the safety of your couch.

Stage 7: Motivation

After the panic wears off, motivation sets in. Your friends are inspring, and 2017 is going to be your year! No one can stop you now, you tell yourself, as you reach for your planner. You’re strutting into next year with a new spring in your step!

Stage 8: Dragging Yourself Back to Campus

Whether you thought you were ready for the new semester or not, leaving home after a month long break is never easy… dragging may be involved. 

Stage 9: Reunited

You may have had to drag yourself back to campus, but when your roomates meet you at the door excited to see you and to hear all about your break you realize you’re ready to dive in to spring semester head first.

Enjoy your winter break, collegiettes!

Haley is a student at Clark University studying Management with plans to pursue an MBA. On campus you can find Haley working as an assistant in the President's Office, or dancing (like nobody's watching!) with Clark University Dance Society. Beyond campus she loves her cat, her cousins, and chocolate. Her favorite color is pink, and she could watch The Mindy Project for days. Haley is looking forward to being a part of the Her Campus Clark team!