This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

It might be called Spring Semester but there is nothing spring-like about the weather at Clark the first few months after Winter Break. It can be hard to look put together when it’s snowing and in the negative temperatures every day, but here are some of the top fashion trends for this Winter and easy ways to style them!

The Puffer Jacket

This one is a classic but it has taken on a whole new persona. Go for the “model off-duty” look by throwing on an oversized puffer over a turtleneck tucked into blue jeans. If this metallic puffer is bit much for you, Topshop and ASOS offer a more laid back style.

The Fur Coat

This is the ultimate day-to-night piece that will keep you warm on the streets during the day, and looking chic at dinner or a party at night. PETA and your bank account would both agree that you’re better off opting for a cheaper and more animal friendly faux fur coat. Brands such as H&M and Forever21 sell them for relatively cheap and you can easily find a monochrome coat, or a statement coat like the one Alexa Chung is wearing here.

Turtlenecks

If you used to dread having your mom dress in you unflattering turlenecks before school every morning, you are not alone. I had a hard time re-adjusting to wearing these without feeling like a 2nd grader again, but they have recently become one of fashion’s favorite winter staples, and one of mine as well. It’s best to stock up on some plain turtlenecks in versatile colors like black, navy, and grey. Dress them up by wearing them under a dress!

Extra Long Sleeves

Similar to the bell sleeves that were in this past Fall, extra long sleeves have made their way from the runway to the street this season. Not only are they comfortable, they’ll dress down any outfit. Pair a top like this with a pencil skirt and some ankle booties.

Leggings

These will be trendy no matter the season because of their comfort and convenience, but what better way to stay warm than wearing your favorite pair with an oversized sweater? An outfit styled with leggings is best for staying warm while walking to class or running errands, but can definitely be dressed up for going out on the weekends.

Crushed Velvet

From shirts to dresses to skirts, velvet is the trendy fabric right now. It’ll keep you cozy and looking Winter-ready. Silk is in right now too but be sure to wear it weather appropriately and don’t sacrifice style for warmth!

Block Heels

The block heel was here for Fall, and it is here to stay. Unlike regular heels, these offer comfort and a black pair will give off an edgy vibe. Plain styles like black patent leather are good all winter long, but if you’re feeling frisky go for a snakeskin (or faux snakeskin) boot.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!
Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!