6 Things To Remember At The Beginning Of A Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

It’s the beginning of a new semester, and most of us are feeling stressed already. From the worries of class to the fear of getting sick, we all have many things on our minds right now.

So here are a few things to remember that’ll get you through!

1. Take care of yourself.

You need food and sleep. Make sure to work this into to your schedule. It’s important, and you’ll be better for it.

2. Plan it out.

Yes, you have a lot of work. But take it a bit at a time. You’ll feel more sane!

3. Stay involved.

Going to club meetings or sports events are such a great way to enjoy a study break and try something new.

4. Go to class.

Maybe your teacher said class attendance isn’t mandatory, or maybe you just don’t feel like going. But we promise you that it’s worth it. Going to class will help you learn the material better; you may be missing key information.

5. Make a motivational playlist.

We all need a little extra boost every now and then. A music is a perfect way to stay focused and motivated at the same time. Don’t want to create your own? Check out some of the pre-made ones on your favorite music streaming app.

6. Be you.

You are the best version of you. Don’t let anyone tell you any differently.

Good luck, collegiates!

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.