This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

We don’t all love snow, especially if you have to shovel it or clean it off your car. However, one great thing can come out of blizzard conditions: snow days!! Today is Clark’s first snow day of the year, so grab some friends and have an all day pajama party! There are plenty of ways to spend a snow day, but here are some of our favorites.

1. Have Some Fun: Build a Snowman! Just like Elsa and Anna in Frozen, build a snowman with your besties or do some other outdoor winter activities like sledding or ice skating!

2. Binge Watch Netflix. What better way to spend your snow day than with Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl), Queen Elizabeth (The Crown), or Ellen Degeneres (Finding Dory)?! While you may binge watch Netflix on a normal day, you won’t have to feel guilty about it on a snow day. 

3. Read a Book. Sometimes as college students, we get sick of reading because all we’re ever reading is textbook after textbook. Use your snow day to read for pleasure! Some great book recommendations are: “Hidden Figures,” “Men Without Women,” “Girl on the Train” and “Bossy Pants,” Tina Fey’s autobiography. 

4. Make Hot Chocolate and Cookies. What’s better than making some warm hot chocolate and cuddling up in a cozy blanket on a snow day? Grab some friends and see what kind of toppings you can find to create your own hot chocolate bar. To sweeten the day even more, bake some nice chocolate chip cookies to go with your cocoa. 

5. Make Valentines or Galentines Cards. Valentine’s Day and Galentine’s day are next week, so spend some time getting ready to show your friends and significant other that you love them! It’s always fun to spend a snow day with glitter glue and stickers.

6. Use the Day to Get Ahead. Catch up on homework, or even make flashcards for your next exam. The Organised Student on Tumblr has great printables to help you get ahead of midterms as well as study inspiration to get you moving on this snow day. Even though it might not seem like the most exciting way to spend the day, you’ll thank yourself later. However you decide to spend your snow day, enjoy yourself and stay safe and warm! 

Hello everyone, my name is Kassie and I'm a Sophomore at Clark University. I am currently a double major in Psychology and Art. However, I am looking to do a fifth year Masters program in Education. My final goal is to become either an art teacher or an art therapist.When I'm not in Worcester, Ma I reside in Connecticut. In my spare time I hangout with my friends, paint, knit, or watch movies.
Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!