5 Ways to Spend Spring Break in Worcester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Spring break is here and if you didn’t have big plans this year and are now spending the week on campus, you’re probably wondering what to do with your time. Here are five fun activities that will help you to make the most of your break in Worcester!

1. Get Active – Go Rock Climbing or Trampoline Jumping

While working out might not sound like the most enjoyable way to spend break, there are some places in and around Worcester that offer some very cool ways to get fit while still having fun! Central Rock Gym is a great place to try your hand at rock climbing and it’s located close to Clark at 299 Barber Avenue. Another option is to spend the day jumping around at Sky Zone in Westborough. A room full of trampolines where you can spend free time jumping as you please or take Skyrobics classes for just $12 per session.

2. Get Creative – Visit the Worcester Center for Crafts or Clay Time

The Worcester Center for Crafts offers art classes for pottery making, painting and more and is a great place to spend some time over break. See their website for a full list of classes. If you’d prefer to craft without a structured class, Clay Time is the place to go. Conveniently located in White City, you can paint multitudes of pottery pieces or try out beading.

3. Get Celebrating – Enjoy the Worcester County St. Patrick’s Day Parade

The St. Patrick’s Day Parade is something to look forward to every year and this year it falls on the last day of spring break. Grab some friends and walk down to Park Ave. to stake out the perfect viewing spot to catch the festivities. Once the parade is over, head on over to The Blarn to continue the festivities!

4. Get Outside – Visit Tower Hill Botanic Garden

Tower Hill is full of gardens and flowers that are a nice escape from the city environment. Located in Boylston, the gardens are only about 20 minutes from Clark. Over break, they’re hosting a talk and book signing by Jonathan Bates on creating thriving and edible ecosystems from desolate landscapes. For more information, check out their website.

5. Get Relaxed – Have a Spa Day

Spring break is a perfect time to treat yourself to some pampering! Luckily, Worcester has many amazing salons and spas for you to visit. St. Cyr Salon & Spa is within walking or Escort distance from Clark and offers all types of spa and hair services imaginable. If you want a quick mani-pedi, V-Spa Luxury Esthetics and Nails on Shrewsbury Street is the place to go!

However you decide to spend your spring break, have fun and be safe!

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!