3 Fall Recipes to Make Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Now that it’s officially fall, it’s time to start making and eating all of those yummy fall foods. (Think: apple and pumpkin EVERYTHING) These tried and true recipes will become your new favorites this fall and you’ll look forward to making them again and again every year.

1. Apple Slab Pie – This is by far the easiest way to get that apple pie taste without having to go through the struggle that comes with making and entire pie. You can serve this as a dessert or as a breakfast pastry and it will never let you down. Not to mention it’s super budget friendly as well. Here is what you’ll need:

• 1 lb (2 large) apples (any kind you like), peeled, cored and cut into 1/3″ slices
  • 4 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 sheet (8 or 9 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • All-purpose flour for dusting
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
  • Coarse sugar for sprinkling

All you have to do is caramelize the butter and sugar, add the apples to soften them, and then place them in between the two pieces of puff pastry. A little egg wash and sprinkled sugar and voila! You’ve got the apple pie experience with none of the hassle. For full directions, visit Natasha’sKitchen.com.  

(Source)

2. Apple Cider Mimosas – Ok, who doesn’t love a good mimosa at brunch? Even better, a fall flavored mimosa at brunch?! These festive drinks require only two ingredients and will pair nicely with a slice of Apple Slab Pie as well. Here is what you’ll need:

• Champagne
  • Apple Cider
  • Cinnamon and Sugar

The proportions of your mimosa may vary, but ½ champagne and ½ apple cider makes for a nicely balanced combination. To finish, garnish the rim of the glasses with cinnamon and sugar. Your next fall themed brunch just got a serious upgrade.

(Source)

3. Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip – Another pie alternative that requires much less effort but still delivers on the classic pumpkin pie taste. You’d never know that the main flavoring agent in this recipe is actually pumpkin spice coffee creamer! Bring this as a dessert to your next potluck event and people will be begging for the recipe. Here is what you’ll need:

• ¾ cup pumpkin spice coffee creamer
  • 1 3.4 oz package pumpkin spice instant pudding
  • 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
  • ¼ cup granulated sugar
  • 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • Graham cracker crumbs for garnish

Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, put the dip in a festive serving dish and you’ll be good to go. Serve with graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, apple slices and more!

(Source)

What are your favorite fall recipes to make, collegiettes?

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!