20 People that Should Have Won Sexiest Man Alive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

PEOPLE magazine announced yesterday that Blake Shelton is 2017’s Sexiest Man Alive.

Shelton, 41-year-old country singer and NBC “The Voice” coach, released his newest album, “Texoma Shore,” November 3, just a year and a half after “If I’m Honest” was dropped. He already has tour dates set for next year.

But beside Shelton’s obvious country music success, even he was shocked by the Sexiest Man Alive recognition.

“[Y]’all must be running out of people,” he said to PEOPLE. “Like, Wow, we’re down to somebody who is somewhat symmetrical.”

And many seem to agree.

Many have taken to referring to Shelton’s past Twitter history.

“Question for my gay followers…Are skittles y’all’s favorite candy?” Shelton tweeted in 2010.

Shelton tweeted sexist, racist, and homophobic remarks.

“Thanks Augusta!! Flying home to sleep with two young blonde and black haired b—-es.” he tweeted in 2011.

So, here are 20 people who are sexier—and kinder—and should have won the Sexiest Man Alive award instead of Shelton.

1. Ansel Elgort

Source

2. Channing Tatumn

Source

3. Chris Hemsworth

Source

4. Chris Evans

Source

5. Chris Pine

Source

6. Chris Pratt

Source

7. Christiano Ronaldo

Source

8. Diego Luna

Source

9. John Boyega

Source

10. John Legend

Source

11. Isaiah Mustafa

Source

12. Liam Hemsworth

Source

13. Matthew Lewis

Source

14. Oscar Isaac

Source

15. Nick Jonas

Source

16. Ryan Gosling

Source

17. Ryan Reynolds

Source

18. Stephen Amell

Source

19. Tom Hardy

Source

20. Tom Hiddleston

Source

Sorry Blake.

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.
Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!