This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Christmas is hands down my favorite time of the year. Nothing is better than blasting Mariah Carey, getting to spend time with family, and seeing all the decorations. If your family is anything like mine Christmas is not just a one-day affair; it is a whole month long of celebration. Here is a list of some of my favorite things about the holidays.

1. Decorations

While the process of decorating might be dreadful, the aftermath is quite the sight. I love driving around looking at Christmas lights.

2. Christmas music

The day after Thanksgiving the Christmas music is the only thing playing on the radio. When I was younger, I would always try to change the station when my mom was not looking and now I have a full Christmas playlist on my phone.

3. Christmas movies

We have all seen Elf a hundred times, but we all know we are going to watch it once again this season. And who can forget the cheesy, predictable Hallmark and Lifetime movies?

4. Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is my overall favorite part of the season. For Christmas Eve, we gather around my aunt’s house and have the biggest celebration. Half of the family starts the night by going to church and the other half goes to the bar. However, when we all gather around for presents there is never a silent moment (especially when the gag gifts are passed around).

5. Christmas

The biggest tradition for most people involves going to bed on Christmas Eve and waking up Christmas morning to a stocking full of presents. Even though this is the main parts of the holiday, we can’t forget the reason for the season.