Stephen Curry- My Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

We all have that one celebrity that when their name or picture comes up we just go berserk. Celebrities have been idolized and even obsessed over for as long as I can remember. We love to know about their friends, family, and wha goes on in their personal lives. One person that I find myself constantly searching on social media for is Steph Curry. While many know him because of the Golden State Warriors’ NBA Championship of 2015, I have been a fan of his for quite some time. Since I was little, I can remember watching basketball with my grandparents. I remember this one time I wasn’t really paying attention to the game, and I looked at the screen as they were replaying a shot that Curry had made. From that time on I have been practically in love with him. Wardell Stephen Curry ll was born on March 14, 1988(he’s only 9 years older than me!) in Ohio to parents Dell and Sonya Curry. Dell was a professional basketball player for fifteen years, meaning that basketball was in his blood. He played basketball a lot growing up and despite his talent, no major colleges offered him any scholarships. Curry wound up attending Davidson College where his talent stood out. He was drafted during his junior year of college to the Golden State Warriors. In the beginning, my like for Steph Curry was only because he is such a beautiful man, but as I started learning more about him and watching interviews, he is a good person. In many videos and pictures you will see him with a smile on his face. Another thing that I love about him is how humble he is. When he is asked about how he plays and his talent, he will give credit to his teammates, coaches, and others that have had an impact on his career. He does not take credit for things that he doesn’t deserve it for. It is hard for people to stay humble when they are in the spotlight, but he has managed it so far. Stephen Curry values his family above anything. He and his wife, Ayesha Curry have two little girls named Riley and Ryan and they are some of the cutest children I have ever seen. If there is not a game or practice, you will find Curry with his family dancing, singing, or doing one of the many fun things they do as a family. Steph Curry is just an amazing person and if I ever get the chance to meet him, I will literally have a heart attack and fan-girl so hard.