An Open Letter to my Unstable Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Dear BFF,

I first want to apologize for me not always understanding your sadness. I try so hard to realize that not everyday is perfect for you. Sometimes I forget what it’s like to be you. You come off as so happy and friendly. You smile and make everyone else laugh. We have our stupid little dance parties in your car while driving across town. But in reality underneath that smile and laugh is depression. Beneath those dance parties, all you wish you were doing is crying. When you are being friendly, you are secretly having a panic attack, hoping that this new person does not carry on a conversation with you. Again I am so so so sorry for not understanding.

The reason for this letter though is to tell you I am here for you. It’s to tell you that you are not alone in this world. It is to tell you that you are important in this world. When times get rough, and you feel like there is no where else to go, call me. When someone hurts you and you have been crying for hours, text me. When you are scared and alone and don’t know what to do, come see me. Being a best friend does not mean that only sometimes will I be here, I promise to always be here. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

If you find yourself sad and needing advice though, and I am nowhere to be found, remember these few things:

It’s okay to NOT be okay

Everyone cries, so go ahead and let it all out

No boy is worth any type of pain

It may be stormy now but it can’t rain forever

Someone loves you other than just me, I promise

Just breathe

Smile and try to mean it

Just hold on, for one more day

So when times get rough, and I can’t be there or understand what is happening in your world, read these. Hopefully one of them will help you move on throughout the days. You will always be my best friend. No matter what happens, no matter what you turn out to be, you will always be my forever friend. I love you so much, and remember the last important thing… you are so so so loved by many. Here’s to better days…

Sincerely,

Your best friend forever

Hey all! My name is Megan and I am a freshman at Clarion University. I am studying nursing and absolutely love it. The reason I started writing is because it takes away a lot of pressure and stress from my life. I enjoy having times to myself where I can vent and speak my mind about things. What you will find out about me through my writing is that my life isn't ordinary. Something new and exciting is always happening and my writing will reflect that. Can't wait to see what you all think of my writing. Xoxo, Meg