A Letter to the Guy that Changed My life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

First of all thank you, thank you for everything that you do for me. Thank you for showing me what love is. If you would’ve asked me over 2 years ago, I would’ve said I was in love before, but since I met you I knew I wasn’t.  You taught me that when you love someone you will do anything for them, no matter what it is. That you would put the other persons needs over your own without even thinking about it.

Thank you for the good morning texts and snap chats I get every morning; when I open them it makes my morning 1,000 times better. The fact that you think about me every morning means more than you will ever know. Thank you for always putting a smile on my face, even if we are mad at each other you still find a way to make me laugh and crack a smile. You’ve done this since day one, I could be in the worst mood and you crack that goofy grin and everything else leaves my mind.

Thank you for being my #1 supporter. I know being away from each other while I’m at college isn’t the best, but you still support me. You’re always telling me to follow my dream, that I can do it and that you’ll be by my side every step of the way. We started dating right before I graduated high school and since then you’ve always believed in me.

Thank you for always taking care of not only me, but my family. No matter if I’m sick, or just not having a good day, you do everything and anything you can to make me feel better. You help my dad and brother out whenever they need it. You have been taking care of my mom since the day she had her surgery and I know that means the world to not only her, but me too. You are a part of my family and I know you would do anything for any for us.

Thank you for being the best “uncle” to my nephew. You play with him and carry on with him and I can see how much he loves it, hell I’m almost positive he likes you more than me! I can’t wait to see how your relationship with him continues and seeing your relationship grow with my new little nephew when he arrives.

Thank you for the late night conversations. I love when I’m home and we are cuddling in bed and just talk. It could be as simple as what our opinion is on something but we could talk about it for hours. Thank you for being goofy with me. You joke around with me, sing and dance with me in the car, and send the funniest Snapchats throughout the day. I love how we are not always serious with each other and we always have fun with one another. Thank you for holding my hand, it may be the littlest gesture but it makes me smile. It makes me feel like you’re happy to be by my side. Thank you for the forehead kisses. I know it may be dumb but I find it to be the sweetest thing and it makes my heart melt.

Finally, thank you for being not only being my boyfriend, but my best friend. I complain to you, I cry to you, and you’re the first person I tell anything to. We always are honest with each other and I cherish that more than anything. I love that when I tell you something that happens to me you are either sad when I’m sad, or you’re just as excited as I am. I know I can talk to you about anything and you’ll listen no matter what the topic is.

I am truly grateful for you walking into my life. You have changed me so that I now understand love and I am a truly a better person with you by my side. It is the best feeling finding your soul mate and both wanting to grow old together. Thank you for being in my life.

Krystin Petro

Clarion '20

.