Favorite Survival Kit Goodies to Get Through the Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Ever have a really, really tough week and go to “things” to make you feel better? Same. Some people turn to food to eat their feelings away, but that’s not how I roll. I go to things that will make me happy, literally everyday items that just make me smile. So, it’s already a bad day, you don’t want to get up early and head to class. At the same time, you don’t want to look like a total bum slumping around campus. You also want to be a human being and set an example for others. So how do you do it?

When you get out of bed, start your day off with Instant Dry Shampoo by Psssst! The TRUE Original. Not only does it give off a super fruity tropical fragrance, but it takes just a couple seconds to toss through your bed-head hair. Tame it down a little with a quick run-through of a comb or brush and you’re ready to head off. Some people are hesitant when it comes to dry shampoos (me), but this one rocks. It’s refreshing, it absorbs any oils in your hair, and it makes your hair color really pop!

You’re getting closer to getting out of the front door, I promise! Maybe you don’t feel like doing a full-face of makeup today, no biggie. Lips are a huge attraction point on anyone’s face. You want to pump them up just a little bit with some color. Grab your Charlotte Tilbury Luminous Modern-Matte Lipstick in your favorite shade, and make heads turn. Our lips are already naturally pink, some people are blessed with a beautiful shade of natural lip and don’t have to rock lipsticks. Different shades are so fun to play around with and experiment with on your own face. Matte lipsticks are great too because they have such a solid look, not goopy like a lot of other lipsticks out there.

Remember what I set about setting an example for others? Review your copy of #ActuallySheCan on how anyone can turn into a mentor. Also inside are tips on how to network, without networking, and small ways to reach big goals!

Take these 3 small steps to vamp up any dull day you’re having, and I promise, you’ll make it through!

Senior @ Clarion, studying Communications & Journalism. I sing in my school's A Cappella group, I play the ukulele and I love Her Campus with my whole heart.