Dancing with the Stars: Who’s Left in the Competition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

After Monday night’s shocking elimination of Heather Morris and Maks, there are only seven couples left in the competition. Heather and Maks went home on a night they scored a perfect 40 on their Rumba so that goes to show no one is safe from elimination.

Here’s the couples that are left and their scores from last Monday night:

1. Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess

Bonner Bolton was a champion bull rider who became paralyzed after flying off a bull and crashing into the ground. He and Sharna danced a Rumba and earned two 7s and two 8s from the judges. Their team dance scores were three 8s and a 9.

2. David Ross & Lindsay Arnold

David Ross is a two-time World Series Champion who now is a Special Assistant to the Chicago Cubs and TV Baseball Analyst for ESPN. He and Lindsay danced an Argentine tango and earned three 7s and an 8 from the judges. Their team dance scores were three 8s and a 9.

3. Nick Viall and Peta Murgatroyd

Nick Viall is the latest Bachelor who just recently finished his season and ended up engaged (finally) to Vanessa Grimaldi. He and Peta danced a jive and earned four 7s from the judges. Their team dance scores were three 8s and a 9.

4. Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater

Rashad Jennings was a top NFL running back in 2015 and is currently a free agent. He and Emma’s Tango earned three 9s and a 10 from the judges. Their team scores were three 8s and a 9.

5. Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev

Nancy Kerrigan is one of the most recognized sports icons for being a former Olympic figure skater. She and Artem danced a Paso doble that earned them three 8s and a 9 from the judges. Their team dance scores were two 9s and two 8s.

6. Normani Kordei & Val Chmerkovskiy

Normani Kordei is a member of girl-group Fifth Harmony. She and Val danced a Salsa that earned them three 10s and an 8 from the judges. Their team dance scores were two 9s and two 8s.

7. Simone Biles & Sasha Farber

Simone Biles is one of the most decorated Olympic gymnasts of all time and just recently came back from the Rio Olympics with several gold medals and a bronze medal. She and Sasha danced a Samba that earned them three 9s and an 8 from the judges. Their team dance scores were two 9s and two 8s.

Nick and Peta are currently on the bottom of the leader board with a total score of 61. Normani and Val are at the top of the leader board with a score of 72.

Tune in Monday at 8pm on ABC to see the remaining couples dance and who gets eliminated next.