Is Bullet Journaling For Me?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

During the past few months, bullet journals have been a pretty hot topic in the media. From YouTube to Instagram, there has been talk about this new method of organization. Bullet journaling was created by Ryder Carroll, a digital product designer from New York. It is a way of keeping track of things to do, habits, spending and pretty much anything else you can think of. Contrary to other planners you may find in stores, the bullet journaling method allows you to have full creative control over managing your time. So now that you know what a bullet journal is, how can you be sure that it will be a good fit for you? 

Do you…

• Have an interest in scrapbooking, doodling, or sketching

• Want to stay, or become more organized

• Find yourself making multiple, confusing to-do lists

• Enjoy writing in a journal or diary

• Want to keep track of spending, eating, sleeping, or excercise habits

• Feel comfortable having all of your scheduling available in one planner

• Have a few goals that you want to acomplish and document

If any of these points apply to you, then you may want to give bullet journaling a try! It’s very simple. All you really need to get started is a pen and a notebook of your choice. In the links above there are a few inspiration ideas. My advice would be to do what works best for YOU. It can be a bit discouraging seeing the pages of someone else’s journal and wishing you had their hand writing or the fancy pens they use but that’s not always necessary. The point of the bullet journal is to customize it to function for YOU, regardless of what it looks like. I have been bullet journaling for almost a month now and I absolutley love it. I’ve had journals and planners in the past but I didn’t use them consistently. With the set up of the bullet journal I look forward to tracking my habits everyday and I like being able to see my personal and school schedule in one spread. Although I find it to be very stress relieving and fun to do, I still have days where I completely forget to log my habits and check my calendar… but that’s okay! I’m no where near being completely organized, the bullet journal is definitely helping me on my journey.