Alaina Bowser-A DPhieE Sister of Clarion University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Clarion University is home to over 5,000 students, from all over. The campus offers over 150 different clubs and organizations, offering plenty of opportunity to be involved and make friends. Greek life is also a huge part of Clarion, offering 5 sororities and 4 fraternities. Greek life is not only a forever sisterhood and brotherhood, it is to raise money for serious causes and different philanthropies.

Delta Phi Epsilon was founded on March 17th, 1917 at New York University Law School in Manhattan. It is one of 26 social sororities that form the National Panhellenic Conference. It has 105 active chapters, and is national. The mission is to provide a sisterhood experience, including carrying out traditions, and giving plenty of opportunities to grow. Their philanthropies include, Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and The Delta Phi Epsilon Educational Foundation.

Alaina Bowser is a junior at Clarion University, studying Speech Pathology, planning on attending Graduate School after receiving her degree. Bowser has been a member of Delta Phi Epsilon since the fall semester of 2015, and is a part of the Beta Theta Iota family. Since joining, Bowser has worked her way up to hold a higher title for herself; Vice President of Recruitment. It is now the spring 2017 semester, and she has worked very hard to put together an amazing recruitment week. Lots of sweat, tears, and help from her wonderful sisters, has made the event shine.

Not only is Bowser a sparkling sorority sister, she is involved in other organizations on campus as well. Bowser is on the executive board for Circle K, a community service club that reaches out to the community in any and every way they can, as well as beyond the community. She is a crew member of the Clarion University Love Your Mellon Club, too. Love Your Mellon raises awareness for pediatric cancer, buy selling beautiful crotched hats.

One of Bowser’s favorite Delta Phi Epsilon events that they put on, is Deepher Dude. This event actually showcases the young men on campus in fraternities, and is basically ran like a beauty pageant. Lines are out the door, and seats are full at Hart Chapel for this event. All of the proceeds go directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, to help fund the finding for a cure.

Bowser has loved everything Clarion has offered her up to this point, but especially loves Delta Phi Epsilon. Her sisters have become her family away from her family, and has made college just a little bit easier for her. Forever, she will be shining in her royal purple, and her pure gold. Bowser is a true asset to Clarion University.

Senior @ Clarion, studying Communications & Journalism. I sing in my school's A Cappella group, I play the ukulele and I love Her Campus with my whole heart.