7 Tips To Surviving The Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

1. Dress in Layers

With how the weather is going right about now it is best that you dress in layers. In the mornings it is cool and as the day progresses, it gets hotter. If you wear layers, you ensure that if you get hot throughout the day, you can just remove the necessary item(s) of clothing needed. I have done this for so long and so far it seems to be working.

2. Get Your Flu Shot

With changing temperatures comes sickness and we all know of one of the worst, the Flu. Many clinics and jobs will have opportunities for you to get a free flu shots. Take them up on that offer! You want to stay as healthy as you can this fall and getting your flu shot makes you way less likely to catch the flu. If you a person who hates needles just go and get it over with. Some places even have a mist that you can inhale but whatever method you have to do , it is worth it in the long run.

3. Turn off your electronics and go enjoy the outdoors

It’s beautiful outside so go and find the beauty. With all of the technology that we have, we often forget to put it down and just live in the moment. This fall you should go outside and enjoy a fun day with family and friends. Play in the leaves, go exploring, or just enjoy a nice cup of tea or coffee outside. We all take the earth’s beauty for granted and we need to see the beauty for ourselves. It is fine if you take a couple of pictures, just make sure there is more time spent off of your phone than on.

4. Pumpkin it Up

If you are one of those people who absolutely love anything pumpkin flavored, enjoy it! Many people go crazy for their Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks but that is okay. There is only one time of year that there are so many options for them. I know I have always made fun of those Pumpkin Lovers, but you do what makes you happy and TREAT YO SELF!

5. Buy a Pumpkin

Fall isn’t fall until you have carved or painted a pumpkin. Anywhere you live will look a little more homey if you add something as simple as a pumpkin. For those of us who aren’t fantastic artists, just add your own flare to it. It doesn’t have to look like something that would go in a museum, as long as you like that’s all that matters. Have fun going outside of your comfort zone.

6. Wash Your Hands

Fall is the season to get sick. During the fall it seems as though everyone and their grandma is sick. One of the best ways to prevent yourself from getting sick is to wash your hands as many times throughout the day as you can. When washing your hands be sure to use soap and warm water. Scrub your palms and backs of your hands thoroughly and make sure to get underneath your fingernails(that’s where a lot of dirt lies).

7. Stay Safe

During the fall there are usually a lot of parties. When going out, make sure that you are keeping yourself and making smart choices. You should never drive while under the influence, if that means that you need to find another way home, DO IT. There are too many accidents that happen because of people being reckless. Jus make sure that you are always aware of your surroundings and doing all of can to keep yourself and others safe.