etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 One Tree Hill Quotes to Live By

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

I am not ashamed to admit that I have watched One Tree Hill multiple times. The characters felt like my best friends and their love stories, heartbreaks, successes and failures were sometimes more exciting to take part in than my own.  I think one of the reasons why I loved this series so much was because the characters were so relatable. Granted, no one I knew got married in high school and we all went on to college instead of writing a novel, starting a record label, or becoming a famous singer. However, their experiences made them wise beyond their years, and gave me some pretty rad quotes to live by.  

1.      “So, I’ve been thinking about this whole being happy thing, and I feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. We’re always thinking that someday we’ll be happy; we’ll get that car or that job or that person in our lives that will fix everything. But happiness is a mood, and it’s a condition, not a destination. It’s like being tired or hungry, it’s not permanent. It comes and goes, and that’s okay. And I feel like if people thought of it that way, they’d find happiness more often.”

2.      “Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in themselves sometimes.”

3.      “Sometimes it seems like you are the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling’s a lie.”

4.      “Life kicks you around sometimes, it scares you and beats you up. There’s a day when you realize you’re not just a survivor, you’re a warrior. You’re tougher than anything it throws your way.

5.      “It’s not about what you say, it’s about what you do. You don’t like the person you’ve become, then do something about it because no one’s going to do it for you.”

Even though Tree Hill isn’t a real place and the characters aren’t my best friends, that show will always hold a special place in my heart. Because, as you know, “There is only one Tree Hill.”

I'm a sophomore Speech Pathology major at Clarion University. I'm a member of Tri Sigma, NSSLHA, and our university's first a capella group, the CUPellas. Purple is my favorite color and potatoes are my favorite food.  Psalm 46:5