Secrets to Smooth and Even Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

If there’s anything I take pride in, it’s how clear and soft my face is. I have an evenly colored facial complexion. And how did I get it that way? Lots of moisturizer and sunscreen.

Most people fear that using moisturizer on your face will cause breakouts and pimples. This is not the case. Ever since I started moisturizing my skin twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening before bed) my skin has had less breakouts. Sure, every now and then I end up with a pimple here or there, but after a few days of using an acne moisturizer it’s gone with no awful scar left behind.

I also wear sunscreen, but not as much as moisturizer. However, if I’m going outside with no makeup on, I definitely add a layer of sunscreen over my moisturizer. While moisturizer is important because it helps your face and skin to stay soft and evens tone, sunscreen helps to even tone and can help prevent wrinkles from forming later on.

But the best duo is tinted moisturizer that also has SPF in it. It’s lighter, easier on the skin, and it does the job of both your moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation all in one.

I recommend these brands: 

Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer

Burt’s Bees Brightening Even Skin Tone Moisturizing Cream

Yes to Cotton Comforting Facial Moisturizer 

Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer: Naked Skin

Yes to Grapefruit Pore Perfection Night Treatment

Sun Bum Sunscreen Face Stick

Ricole Davis

Cincinnati

Born and raised in the wonderful state of Ohio. When I grow up, if I ever do, I want to be a doctor. Fourth year at the University of Cincinnati. In my spare time, I like to collect vinyls, write and play with my favorite boy, my bunny Phoenix. I love everything about the outdoors except for the bugs. Just trying to get through the day without making a complete fool of myself...