Looking for Something Fun and Free to Do in Cincinnati? Check out the CAC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) is a contemporary art museum right here in downtown Cincinnati, and one of the first contemporary art institutions in the United States. It is a non-collecting museum that focuses on new developments in painting, sculpture, photography, architecture, performance art, and new media.

The best part? It’s FREE.

If you ever find yourself looking for something new and engaging to do, I highly recommend visiting.

The sixth floor is an ever-rotating interactive exhibit. Everything on that level encourages you to touch and move. They call it the “UnMuseum.”Currently, on the fourth and fifth floors, “Swoon” by Caledonia Curry is on view. Curry’s art works to re-define what “street art” means today. She uses drawing, printmaking, wheatpaste, and cut paper to bring people closer.

The second and third levels are re-opening on November 17 with a new exhibit titled, “A Shout Within a Storm” by Japanese artist Glenn Kaino.

The CAC is located at 44 E 6th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 and its hours are: Saturday – Monday 10 am – 4 pm 

Tuesday Closed (Store open from 10 am – 4 pm)

Wednesday – Friday  10 am – 9 pm

GO SEE THE ART :) 

Thumbnail Image Source 

Carolyn Schultz is a first year Fine Arts major at the University of Cincinnati. She is orignally from New Hampshire but has lived in New York and most recently, Texas. She loves the beach, sushi, and most of all, creating. You can check out some of her artwork and photography at https://carolyn-schultz.squarespace.comInstagram: @Carriecschultz 
Lauren Lewis

Cincinnati

Lauren Lewis is a fourth year at the University of Cincinnati double majoring in International Affairs and Creative Writing. When she's not on Pinterest fawning over recipes and crafts, she's drinking copious amounts of chai tea, finding the hidden treasures of Cincinnati, and shopping for inexpensive books at Good Will.