emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Everything You Need for Valentine’s Day 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

This is for the girl who absolutely loves gifting and making others smile by picking out the perfect little treasures for the loved ones in her life. I know, I know—Christmas was practically last month. But, as caring and thoughtful as we are, we should never be finished spoiling the ones we love! It truly is better and more satisfying giving than receiving!

Hooray for Cheesy Hearts!

I have complied all of your V-Day 2K15 necessities right here! This selection offers a pretty wide variety, and even a few items that you’re probably already second-guessing. Why would you ever need men’s eye cream? Well, truthfully, it works so much better than women’s. (Totally kidding, I actually have no clue) You see, this holiday is about pampering (it’s a made-up holiday, so do what you want!) not just yourself, but your lovable man, deserving mother, and even your group of girlfriends who may be celebrating “single awareness day.”

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN

BFF <3

Alex & Ani “Open Love” Expandable Wire Bangle: available in gold/silver

I found this gem on Nordstrom.com for under $25! Buy a matching one for yourself to remind each of you the love you have for each other while representing, sharing and attracting love. Girlfriends love exchanging gifts, and this is one that is high quality, inexpensive and so trendy.

BOYFRIEND <3

1. Clinique For Men “Anti-Age Eye Cream”

Found on Sephora.com for under $30! Clinique’s cream instantly hydrates, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reduces dark circles and puffiness.

*Disclaimer: I am not trying to make my man feel old—I’m trying to help him look and feel his best after a hard night of studying or a full work day, all while maintaining a social life. My medicine cabinet is full of products to help a sister out on her not-so-hot days, and I want my guy to have those same pleasures! (He also never would buy it for himself.)

2. Forever 21 “Hashtag Kiss Crew Socks” – also available in “Hashtag XOXO Crew Socks”

Found on Forever21.com for $3! These socks may be a knockoff of Rob Kardashian’s Arthur George, but for that price, I cannot be mad! Not only will he get actual use out of these, but I just know he will have an extra pep in his step on V-Day while wearing these. They’re like his own little secret—that, yes, he too is participating in themed attire. They’re super modern and will be sure to amp up his #KissingGame.

MOM <3

Voluspa “Japonica – Goji Tarocco Orange Petite Decorative Candle” – available in a variety of scents

Found on Nordstrom.com for $8—what a steal! Voluspa is known for its pretty, decorative tins, but also its sweet scents. This particular candle fills the room with a fragrance of berries, mango and oranges. A candle instantly makes a house feel more like a home.

SPLURGES <3

Depending on your financial situation, these may or may not feel like splurges at all. Or you’re just ignoring this whole segment, because, why bother? Either way—enjoy these indulgences.

1. Alice + Olivia “Cherry Pouf Dress”

Found on AliceandOlivia.com for just under $700. Kourtney Kardashian was spotted last year wearing a similar A+O lips dress. Rock this frock out with a distressed black “moto” jacket, or keep it sweet with studs and some simple bracelets. A perfect dress for a playful dinner date (preferably somewhere warm).

2. Kate Spade “Kiss Me You Fool” Beaded Clutch

Found on KateSpade.com for around $200. I am in love with this beautiful bag. It would be great for daytime or evening–however, I would wear it with distressed denim, mule sandals, a cream blouse and a great Stila red lip. Throw a blazer on during more frigid temperatures.

3. Clarisonic “Mia 3 Makeup Removal Expert” – Nordstrom exclusive

Found on Nordstrom.com for $199. This little guy’s print is too perfect for words. I recommend Clarisonic for a healthy skincare ritual, starting with cleansing. Gentle but effective, the Clarisonic travels easily and comes with a wide variety of interchangeable tools. If you’re the girl who has everything, add this to your shopping cart!

4. Kate Spade “Evening Belles Feather Mini”

Found on KateSpade.com on sale for $318, originally $398. Definitely the perfect party bag for the ultra glamorous gal! If you’re feeling bold, wear this as a daytime piece. However, this bag is meant to shine under party lights. The Kate Spade girl “tucks her coral lipstick away and floats back to the party.”

5. Kendra Scott “Emmy Drop Earrings” in Iridescent Drusy: available in black/silver

Found on Nordstrom.com for $80. Kendra Scott makes the most beautiful drop statement earrings that you’re still able to wear day to day. The shine and intricate work of this specific pair is unlike any I’ve seen by her recently. These earrings are one splurge that may be justifiable!

6. Kate Spade “Lava Heels” in Ivory

Found on Katespade.com for $328. Normally, I would not be drawn to these pumps—however, there are a couple iconic elements they posses. The heart design resembles Moschino’s recent McDonald’s themed collection—odd, but very true. Also, if you’re a Carrie Diaries fan, you can side with me that this 80s inspired pump was made to be paired with a full tulle skirt, storming the streets of New York City. No one does it like Bradshaw, but give these lovelies a try of your own!

OOTD <3

1. Express “Heart and Arrow Strappy Babydoll Dress”

Found on Express.com for $79. This adorable print is perfect concert wear—simplistic, yet extremely flirty.

2. Comando “Up All Night” Thigh High Socks

Found on Nordstrom.com for $34! I love the way pairing over-the-knee socks with shorter over-the-knee boots looks with a mini dress. It instantly slims your legs!

3. H&M “Short Jacket”

Found on H&M.com for $30! I love, love blazers for practically any occasion. A cropped red power jacket can only mean one thing—you’re in charge today! There is a visibly great shoulder line and will sit better over dresses and fitted blouses tucked into skirts.

Pair merchandise above together for an effortlessly hot V-Day outfit. Finish with tousled curls, minimal face makeup, focusing more on eyes and brows, chunky black ankle booties, a Stila red lip, a spritz of Chloe Fragrance and you’re out the door and into your love’s arms in no time!

Have a holiday all wrapped in love

(packaging, hugs, et cetera)

*Forever 21 Free Shipping on orders of $50+ #F21xMe

*Shop Nordstrom for Free Shipping, Free Returns all the time

Hello and thank you for reading my article! I am currently a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati pursuing my bachelors in communications and a certificate in public relations. Check out my blog jesshummel.wordpress.com! I write anything from product reviews, lifestyle pieces and fashion advice/ styling tips - If you love, subscribe to get my latest works sent to your inbox! Enjoy :)
Ashleigh is a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati studying Journalism. She has a passion for writing, making people laugh, and random tokens of kindness. Born and raised in Kentucky, yet the furthest thing from a country girl! City life is the only life for her, and she is proud to call Cincinnati home.