This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

I am sure you have all had a very busy week. So, if like me, you missed the huge announcement from Netflix, I will catch you up: Disney will not renew its contract with Netflix in 2019. Again, if you are like me, you think, “Okay…this is news? This is what constitutes news nowadays?” Well, past-Meredith, this is news and it does affect you!

Disney is a massive company that produces and owns the rights to shows and movies spanning genres and audiences. Many of which are streamed (and binged) on the beautiful, 21st century creation that is Netflix. Once the contract with Netflix has expired, your favorites-such as Marvel movies-will no longer be available. This is an unfortunate situation.

Is there a silver lining? Well maybe, depending on how you look at it. Disney is leaving Netflix in order to start their own streaming service. All our favorite Disney classics will be on there, including productions from LucasFilm and Freeform. It also seems likely that shows will be specifically developed for the new streaming service, similar to what Netflix has done with shows like Stranger Things and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

However, it is getting difficult (and expensive) to manage so many different binge-watching platforms. A girl has only got so many hours in a day, and while I would love to just stare unproductively at a screen, this same girl has to work to afford it. And pay for an education on top of that. It is starting to look unrealistic to handle so many services. I hate to say it, but it may be time to hand over the memberships in return for saving some moolah and getting a little bit of free time back.