This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Name: Taylor Krouse

Major: Communication with Public Relations certificate

Year in School: 2nd

Campus Involvements: UCommunicate, PRSSA, and HerCampus

Fun Fact: When I was four I won a mall beauty pageant wearing jean overalls, and I got to go to Chicago for a photoshoot.

Her Campus: What is your favorite organization you are involved in?

Taylor Krouse: UCommunicate! We are a student- based consulting firm here at UC. It’s my first semester being involved, and I’m excited for the experience I’ll gain and for what’s to come.

HC: Wow that sounds really cool! How do you keep balance in your busy life?

TK: I would be completely lost without my planner. Just writing down all the things I need to do in a week helps keep things less chaotic. Also, giving myself some time to chill by watching Netflix and doing a face mask every so often helps.

HC: Planners are such a blessing!! What is your favorite activity?

TK: Probably eating or exploring CIncy or listening to good podcast or watching makeup videos.

HC: What is your favorite thing that you have done at UC?

TK: Meeting a lot of awesome people and realizing what I want to do for a career are two things that stand out as favorites. Also, falling in love with Cincinnati.

HC: So Taylor, what is the best piece of advice you have received?

TK: “You can do anything but not everything”

HC: That is such a good piece of advice, now do you have any advice for younger students?

TK: Don’t spend time stressing over things you cannot control, try new things, and don’t be afraid of failing because it happens.

HC: Finally, what is your dream job/vacation?

TK: My dream job would be to become a PR manager for a fashion brand or company, and my dream vacation would be Santorini, Greece!

You can read some of Taylor’s articles here

Maddie Huggins is a fourth year student at the University of Cincinnati. Originally from Columbus, she quickly learned to swap out the OSU scarlet and grey for UC red and black. Maddie has loved writing since she was a little girl and is always down for a good time. She prides herself in being the world's best hugger.