The 10 Hottest Fall Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Let’s be honest here, the best time for fashion is the fall. It is the perfect weather to have various types of clothing. From lightweight coats, to your favorite pair of boots, you seriously can’t go wrong with fall fashion. If you’re like me and like to stay up to date on upcoming trends, and want to be the girl that everybody goes up and compliments, you’re probably thinking to yourself, “What the hell should I wear?” Well I am here to make your life easier. Call me your fairy godmother because I will help you look amazing. Let’s start off with the easiest trend to pull off from clothes you probably already own.

1. Denim

Mix and match your favorite jeans with a denim top. Whether it’s dark wash jeans with a light wash shirt, or destructed mom jeans with an army green denim top, the world is your oyster on this trend.

2. Trench Coat

This classic style is now being revamped into shorter styles that still give you that sexy Inspector Gadget vibe you know you secretly love.

3. Borrowed from the boys

YES. By far one of my favorite trends. Nothing makes me happier than wearing a pair of boyfriend jeans with a simple white T-shirt. Something is so sexy about being comfortable in your mens inspired clothing. This trend involves every type of clothing trend taken right out of your man’s closet. From suits to casual wear, it’s all fun and games here.

4. Bright Red

Calling all fire trucks! The color red, or rather bright red, has taken over the runway this year. You can wear just a red top, or channel your inner Samantha Jones and rock a vivid red suit.5. YEE HAW!

This fall we are wrangling in cowboy inspired wear. If you are not comfortable going all out in cowgirl boots, no worries! There are now modern styles and designs so nobody confuses you with Woody.

6. Fall Florals

You’re probably asking yourself, “What is the difference between Fall Florals and Florals?” Fall florals have darker, more natural tones to them. Think navy, brown, olive, and maroon like shades.

7. Leather Bottoms

Live life on the edge. Wear some leather or nylon bottoms. You can easily soften the look by wearing a light frilly top.  If you are trying to channel the matrix, wear your leather skirt, shorts, or pants with a bad*ss black top with grommet details.

8. Live in Lingerie

I know the word “lingerie” might scare you, but don’t worry, I am not telling you to wear your bra in public. However, what I am saying is that lacy, lightweight materials inspired by sexy shift dresses are a perfect way to look sexy and sophisticated.

9. Coming in Clutch

Dainty and handheld, the clutch is coming in hot. It is the perfect bag to bring on a date night, girls night, or grocery night: you name it. It has enough space to hold your favorite lip-gloss and credit card, but that is about it. Less is more in this case, am I right?

10. Last but not least, Sock boots

You know you saw your favorite Kardashian rocking this trend last year and you struggled trying to find them in your local Macy’s. Well now they are officially one of the hottest trends this year, and you should be able to find them at your local fashion retailer. These booties are perfect dressed up and dressed down.In conclusion, I hope you learned a little something after reading this.  I want to see all of you ladies and gents rocking this year’s trends as you strut your stuff down MainStreet, or stumble your way to Murphy’s. Be true, be you, and be fabulous. 

Thumbnail Image Source: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2092142/images/o-FALL-BOOTS-facebook.jpg