You Should Be Wearing This: The Shoe Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Shoes set the foundation for any outfit, and comfortable shoes that match many articles of clothing are an essential part of any college student’s wardrobe. For me, those shoes are my Doc Martins. 

I wear the vegan 1461’s, a three-eye shoe made of high quality faux leather. They are my go-to shoe for literally any scenario; I’ve worn them everywhere from the beach, to extensive walking and hiking trips, and to class nearly every day. These shoes have my heart for many reasons, but I mostly love them for the aesthetic that they portray, their comfort, and their durability. While there are many knock-off Docs on the market, I put my trust in the name brand for their longevity. They may be pricey, but seeing how well they’ve held up after 3 years of daily wear makes it all worth it. Everyone needs at least one go to shoe, and if you find these specific ones fit your style and needs I highly recommend them.

Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.