Therapy Dogs: 11 Adorable Photos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Ready to relax? You’ve made it halfway through the Fall semester, but its no surprise if you’re tired, sleepy, and a bit ditzy. You might have even changed to the college diet and the staples of microwave food and caffeine.

But, there’s one sure fix to any lazy day for a study-a-holic. Take a four-legged approach. On Monday night, October 21st, students clamored into the Fickes residence hall to see therapy dogs from Animal Friends. These furry friends helped students settle down from their busy lives. Petting. Hugs. Smiles. Many studies suggest that pets can help lower cholesterol, decrease obesity and anxiety, and increase socialization. But, don’t take that at face value. You have to experience it outside of the cage. For these therapy dogs, all paws are off.

I am a college sophomore double-majoring in math and biology. Some of my hobbies include doodling, juggling, orienteering, martial arts, reading, and writing short stories. In the future, I see myself experimenting with more activities. And, if you take my derivative, you'd probably find that I'm infinite~! -My art portfolio is located on my website (www.poparu.com), which is updated on a monthly basis. It shows my progress from freshman year (9th grade) to present.
  Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.