Thanksgiving Reflection: HC Chatham Events Director Lejla Avdagic

This week, we've shared Thanksgiving reflections from HC Chatham team members. This last one comes from Events Director Lejla Avdagic.

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is that everyone comes together to celebrate so there is a sense of unity. Also, it is a time in which people remember what they are truly thankful for although, I believe that people should remind themselves of what they are thankful for each and everyday. In addition to that, the food is also one of my favorite things! I love eating turkey! 

This year I attended Chatham University's annual Thanksgiving dinner with my sister. I was super excited because it was my first time going. There are countless things that I like and enjoy about Thanksgiving but the most important would definitely have to be the family time.

College is hard. We make it easier!

Get the best of Her Campus delivered straight to your inbox!

About The Author

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.