Sujin Kim

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Sujin Kim

Year: Senior (International Student)

Hometown and what you love about it:

I’m from Korea :) I love our transportation system. Thanks to that, I can go many places even if I don’t have a car.

Area of study and how you chose it:

I am majoring in Public Administration. I just was curious about the government.

What is one thing you hope to learn in 2015?

I hope that I can make myself understood in English well!

Why did you choose Chatham?

To be honest, I got the wrong information that Chatham is close to New York. I really wanted to visit New York; that’s why I chose Chatham. Although I realized this is not true, I’ve been enjoying my Chatham Life. :)

What advice do you have for prospective students making their college decision?

First, you have to consider your future or major deliberately. Then, you should find the college that has the specialized major you want to take.

What’s surprised you most about Chatham so far?

I’ve gained 10 pounds since I got here. :(

Childhood Dream Job:

Elementary school teacher

Current Dream Job:

I haven’t decided yet.

If you could only eat at one Pittsburgh restaurant for a full year, which one would you pick and why?

Oishi restaurant. This restaurant has great Korean food ^^

If you could be best friends with any movie character, who would you pick and why?

“Rancho” of 3 Idiots. In the movie, Rancho helps his friends make a decision for their own life so they could choose their future: what they really want to do. I haven’t decided my future, so I need this kind of friend.

If you could join the cast of any TV show, which one would you pick and why?

In Korea, we have a program called We got married. This is like a virtual marriage show casting an actor and an actress.  If I could join the cast of this show, I would want to try virtual marriage with my favorite star!!!!

You have a friend visiting Pittsburgh for one day, and you’re planning the itinerary. Where do you take them?

I’ll take my friend to the South Side. There are many places to shop, and I want my friend to try Cheesecake Factory.

You can live in the world of one book for a day. Which one do you choose and why?

Harry Potter. I’d like to experience Magic School Life!  I want to try many magic spells! Sounds cool! Isn’t it? haha :)

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.