Special Edition: Restaurant Recommendations for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.
Sometimes, during finals, you can lose track of self-care. That’s why we rounded up some great answers from our previous Campus Cuties to not only remind you to eat, but where to eat locally!

The Question: If you could only eat at one Pittsburgh restaurant for a full year, which one would you pick and why? 

The Responses:

Melanie Landsittel:
I would probably stray towards a café more than a restaurant, probably Jitters on Walnut St. because I can’t live without chai, and have a diet that mainly consists of croissants and muffins. 

Jorj Smith:
Pamela’s. I love pancakes with the passion that Leslie Knope loves waffles and Pamela’s is the crème dele crème of pancakes in Pittsburgh. My mom always said that breakfast was my favorite meal because I could never wake up for it; Thank goodness for brunch. 

Phoebe Armstrong:
If I could only eat at one Pittsburgh restaurant for a full year I would eat at the Yard. Not because the food is extraordinary, but because they have over 20 kinds of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, and that’s a challenge I’d like to accept. 

Marisa Rosner:
I would pick Mercurio’s Pizza because it is literally the best pizza/food I have ever had!  I believe that pizza can be broken down into many brackets and as for brick-oven pizza; this is top of the line. Not to mention they have a built in gelateria so it’s a double threat.

Delaney Keil:
Chipotle! I know it isn’t unique to Pittsburgh, but I never had Chipotle before moving to Pittsburgh, because there aren’t anywhere near where I live. 

What’s your favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh? Answer in the comments below!

Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.