A Sneak Peek at Our Her Campus Back-to-School Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

We could already tell this week would be a rough one. The days were getting gloomier, the weather bleaker. But then something miraculous happened. We checked our mail to find the Holy Grail of HC staffers: Our Back-to-School Survival Kit! So we decided to give you guys a sneak peak of some of the items we’ll be reviewing and potentially giving away in contests! Without futher ado…

1. Martha Stewart craft supplies

Give ’em the ‘ol razzle dazzel ’em, right? We love these gorgeous supplies and can’t wait to use them. Thank you HC and Martha Stewart! And if you like the look of these, make sure to check out Martha Stewart on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for all the best crafting tutorials.

2. TRESemmé hair products 

There is no such thing as too many hair products. And this Wave Creation Foam and Sea Salt Spray are the next products we’re dying to try! While you wait for our Beauty Editor to give them a try, make sure to follow TRESemmé on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

3. Chipotle coupons

Honestly, need we say more? Nothing is going to get us through these first few months back at school like Chipotle. Thank you HC. Thank you Chipotle. There is goodness in the world. Follow Chipotle on Facebook, Twitter, and Instragram if you ‘re alright with drooling 24/7.

4. Actually She Can zines

What’s better than supporting your fellow women? That’s right: nothing. We absolutely LOVE Actually She Can and so should you. Check out their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and fall in loooove.

5. 5-Hour Energy swag

Thank you dear, sweet HC for understanding that we are all trying to function on three hours of sleep a night and it isn’t quite working out. Also thank you 5-Hour Energy for the earbuds!

6. A preview of “Every Day” and “Another Day” by David Levithan

Female protagonist? Check. Crazy awesome plot? Check. Free? Check?? Put all your reading for class aside and check this free preview out. Follow Penguin Random House on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the lastest in literature. 

7. Cold-Eeze medicine

HC, when you’re right, you’re right. Flu season is upon us and it’s time to man the hatches and prepare. It’s time to get real. Winter is coming. 

8. NYC New York Color chubby eye pencils in every color you can imagine

Oh just you wait for this beauty review. Our Beauty Editor is having a field day right now. Make sure to check out NYC New York Color on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more makeup eye candy like this delicious assortment.

9. Stickers, stickers, and more stickers!

And these aren’t even all of the stickers. Make sure to check out the awesome creators of these stickers–She’s The First (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and My Social Canvas (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)–for great info on getting education to those who need it most, and providing experience for those who want to pursue fashion and deisgn.

10. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Lip Balm

In case we didn’t mention it: winter is coming, we are scared, and we were underprepared. But luckily, HC has our back and they delivered us some of these beauties. Say hello to winter and goodbye to dry lips.

11. HC Pennants!!

To remind ourselves how lucky we are to write for a wonderful organization that looks out for its little worker bees as well as women everywhere. And ending on that note: check out No Ceiling: The Full Participation Project on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Help your fellow women. Get involved. Spread the love. HCxo. 

Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.