pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Profiles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.
Some of our wonderful profiles this year have been of graduating seniors here at Chatham! While we’ll miss them terribly next year, we know—as Chatham women—that they’re destined for greatness. So here’s an ode to some seniors with incredible plans!

Sarah Weinschenker

What are some goals you have for post-grad?
When I first came to Chatham, I wanted to become an opera singer. Now, I’m looking into music therapy graduate programs. I’d love to be able to give back to people but also not have the taxing life of a performer.

Kelly Nestman

Right now, I am moving to San Antonio, Texas after graduation, and will be working with Planned Parenthood there. I am looking at graduate school as well to begin in a couple of years. I want to go to Texas Woman’s University for Women’s Studies for my Masters and Feminist Theory for my Doctorate. I could be Dr. Nestman five years from now!

Natalie Szewczyk

What would be your dream job? 
My dream job would be working with someone like Bjarke Ingles, who creates amazing works. (Like the TEK center in Taipei, Taiwan). 

What would be your ultimate goal as an interior architect? 
I think my ultimate goal would be to create something unique. I’m mentally playing around with ideas with complex curves.

Ashe Nicholson

Current Dream Job: 
I have so many. Photographer, vocalist, anthropologist, paleontologist, writer… I like to explore my options. 

Katie Sarandou

What would be your dream job?
International correspondent for the New York Times. Cliché? A bit. Impractical? Absolutely. But what’s the harm in aiming high? I am a Chatham woman after all. Alternatively, I wouldn’t say no to a job as a researcher for John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight. Seriously, they hire real journalists to do investigative work, and quite frankly I feel like more people (at least young people) get their news from shows like his than from traditional sources anyways.

What would be your ultimate goal as a journalist?
Change the world. Win a Pulitzer.  The usual… Eh, maybe not, but if I can report the news with honestly and integrity, and maybe raise awareness about some of the issue facing the world, I will consider my career a success.

Immediate or long-term? Regardless the main answer is travel. Admittedly it’s not a particularly groundbreaking concept, but it’s been the one goal that I’ve been consistently committed to since I was about four years old and my dream job was to be a ballerina/artist/astronaut/veterinarian/horseback rider/President. I’m kicking things off with the Maymester trip to Indonesia, and from there we’ll see what happens.

Marisa Rosner

Area of study and how you chose it:
Psychology is my area of study. I aspire to be a motivational speaker and knew I wanted to do something that would help me better understand this field. The ability to understand people and why they do what they do is a perfect fit to compliment my career path.

Current Dream Job:
Motivational Speaker

Best of luck, ladies!
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.