Review of Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eyeliners

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Hello beautiful people! Today, I have chosen to review Milani’s Ultrafine Liquid Eyeliners. These liners are described as “sparkling”. The colors I have (from right to left) are Emerald Glisten, Sparkling Turquoise, Prismatic Purple and Black Gems. They claim to be waterproof but we’ll see later on as to how that’s not 100 percent true. They go for $7.99 on Milani’s website and are carried in many drugstores such as Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc.

These liners are very pigmented yet have a very very watery consistency.

Here’s a picture with flash.

And here’s a picture in natural light.

The packaging claims that these liners are waterproof. They are to a certain extent, below is a clip of me running the liners under some warm water.It’s a bit hard to see but the green and blue bled a bit.

This photo was taken after a second run under the faucet but this time around I used cold water to see if the temperature would make a difference. As you can see, these liners DID NOT hold up against water. The green and blue began to crack, while the purple washed off completely.

Final Verdict:

• The colors are vibrant and pretty but the formula is too runny
  • They’re not actually 100% waterproof (more like 55%)
  • The felt tip is rough on the lids
  • The green and blue will stain your skin

Overall rating: 4/10

Anyway, that’s my review on these eyeliners from Milani! Check in next week for another review!

Have you ever used Milani liners? Comment below about your experience!

Hello! My name is Destynie Chase. I'm a junior at Chatham University, I'm majoring in Creative Writing and English. I write reviews on makeup, skincare product and post the occasional "outfit of the day".
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.