Our Top 5 Restaurants in Pittsburgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

1.  The Vandal

The Vandal is a new restaurant located in Lawrenceville with a menu that constantly changes. Surrounded by plants, you can enjoy unique tastes such as toast with hazelnut butter and huckleberry jam or vanilla lemonade. So next time, after you catch a movie at The Row House, stop by and treat yourself to local ingredients and incredible hospitality. You will be eager to come back each week both to experience new menu items and to catch up with the owner.

2.  Franktuary

Also located in Lawrenceville, award-winning Franktuary doubles as a restaurant and a bar. Serving grass-fed pork or soy-based hotdogs, salads made with local greens, and homemade sauces, Franktuary is passionate about food sustainability and great taste. 

3.  Square Café

Square Café is a morning and afternoon restaurant that serves seasonal, fresh, and local products in Regent Square. Well-known for their tofu scrambles and real smoothies, Square Café is a perfect option for Sunday morning brunch.

4.  Thai Cottage

Thai Cottage serves a wide range of authentic Thai dishes in the heart of Regent Square (right by Square Café!). With large dinner portions of curries, rice dishes, and noodle dishes, and lunch species, it is both affordable and enjoyable. Dessert too, is not only beautiful, but delicious with options for pumpkin and mango sticky rice.

5.  The Porch

The Porch is another restaurant which promotes and serves homegrown food. Nurturing a garden on their rooftop in Oakland, they incorporate fresh herbs into their pizzas, sandwiches, and salads. The Porch is another great place to get drinks with ten rotating beer tabs where local craft beers are served. 

Jess Turner is a Junior at Chatham University majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Music, with an International Studies Certificate focusing on the French language. She has interests in Studio Arts, Gender Studies, and Food Studies. Jess is a member of the editorial board for her campus's literary magazine, The Minor Bird, Treasurer of her school's branch of the International Honors Society, Sigma Tau Delta, and a writer for the online social content platform, Odyssey. Additionally, her poetry has been published in The Minor Bird and The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle.
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.