Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Chatham News

T to T and the GLCC: An Interview with Jason Lucarelli

By Mara Flanagan
April 19, 2014 - 10:20pm

In February, we spoke with graduate student Jason Lucarelli about upcoming events held by Chatham's This is Me! Gay-Straight Alliance. This week, he's got all of the info on T to T, an event hosted by Pittsburgh Transgender at the GLCC. HC Chatham: What is T to T? READ MORE

Pass Your Finals: A Collection of Our Favorite Tips

By Mara Flanagan
April 12, 2014 - 11:54pm

Studying for finals? We've curated our top tips to help you prep! No-Fail Finals: Chatham Students' Advice Start here for basic advice on everything from study guides to effective highlighting. Writing a Research Paper: Tips from HC Chatham Team Members Whether you're touching up ten pages or starting your first sentence, we'll walk you through the process of writing a perfect paper. READ MORE

5 Tips for Incoming First Years: Registering for Classes

By Mara Flanagan
April 5, 2014 - 11:07pm

Welcome to college! Registering for classes soon? We have some advice. Know what you have to take. READ MORE

Mybus: A Pittsburgh Student's Guide to Public Transportation

By Mara Flanagan
March 29, 2014 - 5:50pm

Pittsburgh's public transportation system helps students explore the city. But if you've never ventured out on your own before, flashing your student ID for a free ride on a PAT bus may be a bit scary. Sara Hussain, Kathryn Maher, Kelsey Muchnok and Jenna Neal want to change that. They created Mybus, the ultimate guide to navigating Pittsburgh. When Kelsey asked us to share their work with the HC audience, we were thrilled. Read on for all of the info you need to plan your next adventure. Thanks to Kathryn, Kelsey, Jenna and Sara for this incredible resource! READ MORE

Extraction

By Rosemary Davies
March 25, 2014 - 11:50pm

Note of Disclosure: The author of this piece is directly involved in the planning of Extraction. Photographer: Kitoko Canard Join Chatham University’s Artist Collective for Extraction, a night of spoken word, live music, and visual art – essentially, an art extravaganza! READ MORE

Accepted Student Day at Chatham University: Tips from Current Students

By Mara Flanagan
March 22, 2014 - 12:42am

Future Cougars: Chatham University’s Accepted Student Days this year are on March 22 and April 12. Even if you’ve visited before, this is an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in the campus culture. Nervous? Here's some advice from current Chatham students. 1. Explore on your own. READ MORE

5 Empowering YouTube Channels to Follow

By Mara Flanagan
March 8, 2014 - 10:40pm

We've selected five YouTube channels delivering a daily (or weekly, or monthly) dose of empowerment. Follow them and be inspired! She's the First READ MORE

This is Me! and the GLCC: An Interview with Jason Lucarelli

By Mara Flanagan
February 28, 2014 - 4:16pm

Chatham's This is Me! Gay-Straight Alliance and the GLCC are powerful supporters of LGBTQIA youth in Pittsburgh. Graduate student Jason Lucarelli spoke with us about what they're doing and how you can join in. HC Chatham: How did you get involved with the GLCC? With This is Me? READ MORE

Going Coed? Your Thoughts on the Future of Chatham College for Women

By Mara Flanagan
February 22, 2014 - 11:26pm

On Tuesday, February 18, students and faculty were called into the Chapel for a meeting. Over the next hour and a half, the university laid out a potential plan for Chatham College for Women to go coed. The final vote may occur as late as June, but students are mobilizing now. This week, we asked members of the Chatham community - students, alums, anyone - to tell us what they think. We let them submit their thoughts anonymously to give an accurate representation of the buzz on campus. Here are ten of their opinions. You can see the full album (and follow its expansion) on our Facebook page....

Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK): What It Is and How to Join

By Atiya Irvin-Mitchell
February 11, 2014 - 4:32pm

Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Dorssom What do Hillary Clinton, Peyton Manning, and Sheryl Crow all have in common? All three of the above have obtained one of the highest honors in the collegiate world: membership in Omicron Delta Kappa (otherwise known as ODK or “The Circle”). By meeting the right requirements, you, too, could obtain membership in ODK. READ MORE