Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Chatham Features

Sustainability: 7 Dimensions of Wellness

By Catherine Giles
October 25, 2014 - 11:07pm

Traditionally, the concept of wellness has been perceived as being about only the physical—healthy eating, sleeping, flu shots, etc. However, a new theory has coalesced from a variety of universities (Vermont, New Hampshire, California Davis, and California Riverside) and has taken Chatham by the proverbial Cougar horns. This theory focuses on 7 different categories in a person’s life and includes Physical, Emotional, Intellectual, Spiritual, Environmental, Diversity & Social Justice, and Social. This theory is aptly named “The 7 Dimensions of Wellness.” READ MORE

Future Cougars: 7 Reasons to Attend an Academic Visit Day

By Mara Flanagan
October 18, 2014 - 11:52pm

Planning a trip to campus? You won't want to miss the opportunity to attend an Academic Visit Day. Here are 7 reasons why: 1. Avoid basing college course decisions on high school classes. If your high school physics class consists of worksheets packed with equations, you might not expect college physics to include firing off a potato cannon. College courses may be more challenging than high school classes, but they also tend to be more fun. 2. Meet your future professors. READ MORE

Chipotle Lovin'

By Catherine Giles
October 11, 2014 - 11:00pm

Ah, Chipotle. Even the just the thought of that bowl of spicy goodness makes my mouth water! If you’re anything like this blogger, you’ve got the app, you rep the gear, and you know how far it is between you and the nearest Chipotle (at all times). Chipotle is a place where magic happens, literally. But it’s not just the site of delicious noms; it’s also an innovative, environmentally-conscientious center of learning. READ MORE

7 Somethings to Do When You Have Nothing to Do

By Casey-Lynn Deer
October 3, 2014 - 1:08am

Boredom can be crippling, but why be bored when there’s a whole world of somethings to work on? Whether you’ve only got a few minutes in between classes or you just need something for a Wednesday night, here are 7 somethings to keep you busy! 1. Flip through a Woman's World Magazine. You might be thinking: What? OMG no way! But I'm totes serious! There are interesting facts from experts that really educate the reader on different topics. Plus, whenever your bestie asks for a good read, you can share your favorite articles!  READ MORE

A Woman in the White House? PCWP "Madame Presidenta" Panel Recap

By Mara Flanagan
September 27, 2014 - 11:49pm

Since Hillary Clinton made a strong presidential run and Sarah Palin skyrocketed into the spotlight as a potential VP, we've wondered how close we might be to a female president. Madame Presidenta: Why Not U.S.? - Vamos Meninas explores the election of Brazil's Dilma Roussef and examines the global influence of her presidency. The Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics invited Her Campus Chatham to partner with them to present their screening of the documentary. If you’ve ever wonderful what it would mean for the U.S. to have a woman in the Oval Office (or how we’d even get there), the movie is a must-see. In the meantime, we’ve got a recap of the October 17 panel discussion following the screening....

Class of 2014: Onastasia Youssef, Blog Section Editor and Entertainment Writer

By Mara Flanagan
September 20, 2014 - 11:00pm

We're celebrating members of our HC Chatham team who graduated in Spring 2014. Here's our tribute to Blog Section Editor and Entertainment Writer Onastasia Youssef! Onastasia is everything you could want in an editor. Fair but discerning, serious but endlessly kind. She's also a stunningly genuine writer, striking a warm, friendly tone that often takes years to cultivate. READ MORE

Class of 2014: Stephanie Welling, HC Chatham Head Photographer

By Mara Flanagan
September 13, 2014 - 11:10pm

We're celebrating the HC Chatham team members who graduated in spring 2014. Today: Stephanie Welling! Stephanie teased beauty out of every detail on campus. To her, a seat on the shuttle or chalk on the sidewalk could be as stunning as any view from Woodland Road. Stephanie joined the launch team for HC Chatham, creating content for nearly five semesters. Her prowess behind the lens segued into natural talent as Head Photographer. She curated collections, pairing submissions from other students with her own images. Whether she published a single snapshot or a full slideshow, she captured campus life in all its elegance, emphasizing the magic in the mundane and finding new ways to see the landscape we'd explored many times before....

Class of 2014: Beti Kercelli, HC Chatham Style Blogger

By Mara Flanagan
September 6, 2014 - 10:10pm

We're celebrating the HC Chatham team members who graduated in spring 2014. First up: Beti Kercelli! Beti traversed campus with an eye for the extraordinary. She'd accepted the Style Blogger role on the spot at the Student Organization Fair in fall 2013. The Style Blog was a new HC section - aside from a few selfies and snapshots, the Chatham team hadn't determined the direction it would take. Beti immediately made her mark on the fashionable feature. She spotted unique and entirely striking ensembles and accents in unlikely places. A royal blue dress on the quad. A bright yellow coat in Braun/Falk/Coolidge. A pink plaid scarf on a staircase. But what stood out most about Beti's approach to style was her serious commitment to the people wearing the...

Coed: Your Thoughts on Chatham's Future

By Mara Flanagan
May 1, 2014 - 5:07pm

On May 1, Chatham University announced a decision to go coed in fall 2015. We want to hear what you have to say. Click here to share your thoughts. We'll be updating this page with reactions to the vote over the next few days. Read on, then respond in the comments or send us a quote of your own. The views expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Her Campus Chatham. Anonymous: READ MORE

Three Chatham Videos We're Watching This Week

By Mara Flanagan
April 26, 2014 - 10:43pm

Finish off the semester with these Chatham videos! Sarah's Bill Posted by Sara Hussain When Sara Hussain told us about her newest project, we wanted to share it right away! The video features Sarah Pesi, a Chatham student changing Pennsylvania law. NEW Leadership Pennsylvania 2014 Posted by ChathamChannel READ MORE