Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Chatham Features

A Woman in the White House? PCWP "Madame Presidenta" Panel Recap

By Mara Flanagan
September 27, 2014 - 11:49pm

Since Hillary Clinton made a strong presidential run and Sarah Palin skyrocketed into the spotlight as a potential VP, we've wondered how close we might be to a female president. Madame Presidenta: Why Not U.S.? - Vamos Meninas explores the election of Brazil's Dilma Roussef and examines the global influence of her presidency. The Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics invited Her Campus Chatham to partner with them to present their screening of the documentary. If you’ve ever wonderful what it would mean for the U.S. to have a woman in the Oval Office (or how we’d even get there), the movie is a must-see. In the meantime, we’ve got a recap of the October 17 panel discussion following the screening....

Class of 2014: Onastasia Youssef, Blog Section Editor and Entertainment Writer

By Mara Flanagan
September 20, 2014 - 11:00pm

We're celebrating members of our HC Chatham team who graduated in Spring 2014. Here's our tribute to Blog Section Editor and Entertainment Writer Onastasia Youssef! Onastasia is everything you could want in an editor. Fair but discerning, serious but endlessly kind. She's also a stunningly genuine writer, striking a warm, friendly tone that often takes years to cultivate. READ MORE

Class of 2014: Stephanie Welling, HC Chatham Head Photographer

By Mara Flanagan
September 13, 2014 - 11:10pm

We're celebrating the HC Chatham team members who graduated in spring 2014. Today: Stephanie Welling! Stephanie teased beauty out of every detail on campus. To her, a seat on the shuttle or chalk on the sidewalk could be as stunning as any view from Woodland Road. Stephanie joined the launch team for HC Chatham, creating content for nearly five semesters. Her prowess behind the lens segued into natural talent as Head Photographer. She curated collections, pairing submissions from other students with her own images. Whether she published a single snapshot or a full slideshow, she captured campus life in all its elegance, emphasizing the magic in the mundane and finding new ways to see the landscape we'd explored many times before....

Class of 2014: Beti Kercelli, HC Chatham Style Blogger

By Mara Flanagan
September 6, 2014 - 10:10pm

We're celebrating the HC Chatham team members who graduated in spring 2014. First up: Beti Kercelli! Beti traversed campus with an eye for the extraordinary. She'd accepted the Style Blogger role on the spot at the Student Organization Fair in fall 2013. The Style Blog was a new HC section - aside from a few selfies and snapshots, the Chatham team hadn't determined the direction it would take. Beti immediately made her mark on the fashionable feature. She spotted unique and entirely striking ensembles and accents in unlikely places. A royal blue dress on the quad. A bright yellow coat in Braun/Falk/Coolidge. A pink plaid scarf on a staircase. But what stood out most about Beti's approach to style was her serious commitment to the people wearing the...

Coed: Your Thoughts on Chatham's Future

By Mara Flanagan
May 1, 2014 - 5:07pm

On May 1, Chatham University announced a decision to go coed in fall 2015. We want to hear what you have to say. Click here to share your thoughts. We'll be updating this page with reactions to the vote over the next few days. Read on, then respond in the comments or send us a quote of your own. The views expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Her Campus Chatham. Anonymous: READ MORE

Three Chatham Videos We're Watching This Week

By Mara Flanagan
April 26, 2014 - 10:43pm

Finish off the semester with these Chatham videos! Sarah's Bill Posted by Sara Hussain When Sara Hussain told us about her newest project, we wanted to share it right away! The video features Sarah Pesi, a Chatham student changing Pennsylvania law. NEW Leadership Pennsylvania 2014 Posted by ChathamChannel READ MORE

T to T and the GLCC: An Interview with Jason Lucarelli

By Mara Flanagan
April 19, 2014 - 10:20pm

In February, we spoke with graduate student Jason Lucarelli about upcoming events held by Chatham's This is Me! Gay-Straight Alliance. This week, he's got all of the info on T to T, an event hosted by Pittsburgh Transgender at the GLCC. HC Chatham: What is T to T? READ MORE

Pass Your Finals: A Collection of Our Favorite Tips

By Mara Flanagan
April 12, 2014 - 11:54pm

Studying for finals? We've curated our top tips to help you prep! No-Fail Finals: Chatham Students' Advice Start here for basic advice on everything from study guides to effective highlighting. Writing a Research Paper: Tips from HC Chatham Team Members Whether you're touching up ten pages or starting your first sentence, we'll walk you through the process of writing a perfect paper. READ MORE

5 Tips for Incoming First Years: Registering for Classes

By Mara Flanagan
April 5, 2014 - 11:07pm

Welcome to college! Registering for classes soon? We have some advice. Know what you have to take. READ MORE

Mybus: A Pittsburgh Student's Guide to Public Transportation

By Mara Flanagan
March 29, 2014 - 5:50pm

Pittsburgh's public transportation system helps students explore the city. But if you've never ventured out on your own before, flashing your student ID for a free ride on a PAT bus may be a bit scary. Sara Hussain, Kathryn Maher, Kelsey Muchnok and Jenna Neal want to change that. They created Mybus, the ultimate guide to navigating Pittsburgh. When Kelsey asked us to share their work with the HC audience, we were thrilled. Read on for all of the info you need to plan your next adventure. Thanks to Kathryn, Kelsey, Jenna and Sara for this incredible resource! READ MORE