New Experiences We’re Grateful For This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

This year, we’re grateful for new experiences. Here, five HC Chatham students talk about why they’re happy they stepped out of their comfort zone.

Onastasia Youssef, Blog Section Editor and Entertainment Writer

Being a part of Chatham University’s cast of Chicago and getting to see Yasumasa Morimura’s solo exhibition at the Andy Warhol Museum!

Kaitlin Tomko, Writer

I am thankful to have had the opportunity to make such great new friends.

Shannon Ward, Writer

I think, this year, I’m most thankful for my internship at the Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse. It was a wonderful experience that ended up turning into a paid job, so I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity! I owe my adviser, Professor Sterner, a lot of thanks for giving me the idea in the first place.

Paula Cardona, Writer

One of the experiences I am thankful for is that I have the opportunity to have a really good job as a college student. My job is convenient and it always keeps me organized and on track of other aspects I need to be focus in my life. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, but it brings structure into my life and it also sustains me as a college student. I work at a hotel, and I get to meet really important people from all over the world. It’s intriguing and exciting to meet someone new in life who is going to school for the same purpose as you and also someone who has accomplished so much already and works for Google or for BMW.

Catherine Giles, Sustainability Writer

I joined the track team this year, the first time I’ve ever done a sport. I’ve never felt physically and mentally better about myself. I feel stronger, more fit, and healthier all over! There were times when I really wanted to give up and quit, but I won’t do it. I refuse to let myself quit.

What new experiences are you thankful for this year? Let us know in the comments!

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.