More Pittsburgh Apps You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

To see our first ten Pittsburgh app picks, click here.

1. PGH FF & FF

Never miss a fish fry or food festival! This app pinpoints your location and lets you know where you can grab a bite nearby. Browse the Fan Wall and post photos of each delicious dish. 

2. CP HAPPS

Pittsburgh City Paper is known for their epic events listing. Even if you miss an edition, you’ll be up-to-date when you download the app. 

3. PITAirport

If you fly in and out of Pittsburgh, this app is essential! Check departure and arrival times, find out where to park, figure out where to catch a shuttle and get a comprehensive listing of all of the shops and restaurants.

4. PSO

While you’re living in Pittsburgh, you definitely can’t miss a trip to see the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra! Find out about upcoming concerts, get PSO news and get discounts delivered right to your phone.

5. Walk Pittsburgh

Select your neighborhood, and Walk Pittsburgh ensures you’re geared up for pedestrian life! The built-in pedometer tracks your steps and distance, charting them over time. One particularly cool feature: take pictures of any hazards you encounter to share with other walkers.

6. Mount Washington

Need to get off campus? Explore Mount Washington! This app provides a business directory so you know where to grab lunch and dessert. Then, use the overlook finder to get the best view of the city skyline. 

7. Giant Eagle

The next time you hop on the grocery shuttle, download the Giant Eagle app. Discover weekly sales and offers, build a shopping list and search recipes.

What Pittsburgh apps do you love? Tell us in the comments!

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.