Megan E. Cooper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Megan E. Cooper   

Year: 2017   

Major and How You Chose It:

My major is Political Science. I chose it because I have always loved American politics. It just seemed natural to me.   

Hometown and What You Love About It:

Fairview PA is my hometown. I love it because Erie (Fairview is a suburb of Erie) is the world’s biggest little town. Everyone knows everyone, but you can escape to the most perfect little corners of the city and be completely alone.   

If you could assign everyone at Chatham one book to read, what would it be and why?

I would assign everyone The Little Prince, because it provides some wonderful insight into the world of love and adventure.

Why did you choose Chatham?

I fell in love with the campus the first time I set foot on it. Everyone was so welcoming and I truly felt like I belonged here.   

What do you love most about being a Chatham student?

I love the sisterhood I have found here. My friends are so much more than friends; they are my sisters. I don’t think I ever would have found that somewhere else.  

Suppose you can pick any musician or band to perform at your next birthday party. Who do you choose?

Imagine Dragons. They always get me pumped up and ready to dance. They would throw an awesome party.

You have a friend coming to Pittsburgh for the day, and you can only take them to do one thing. What do you choose?

I would take them on a walk to Phipps so they can experience the jungle inside the city.

If you could have one TV character as a best friend, who would you choose?

I would want John Watson from Sherlock to be my best friend. He is exceptionally loyal and loves adventure and danger. He would be a great guy to have around.

Childhood Dream Job:

I really wanted to be an artist when I was in 2nd grade. (I’m a TERRIBLE artist.)   

Current Dream Job:

I figured out in 4th grade that I wanted to be a lawyer. Now, my absolute dream job would be as a District Attorney. I love to debate and I have always wanted to work in the criminal justice system fighting for justice.           

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.