Marisa Rosner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Marisa Rosner

Year: 2016

Hometown and what you love about it:

My hometown is Hilliard, Ohio.  I never really realized all of the opportunity that it held until I left and came here.  Beyond that, I believe the one thing I love the most is that it is home to The Ohio State University. Go Bucks!

Area of study and how you chose it:

My major is Psychology.  I chose this area of study because I want to become a motivational speaker.  This area of study provides me with the knowledge to work with and motivate people on a daily basis.

What is one thing you hope to learn in 2015?

I hope to obtain more skills that will make me a better speaker as I progress into the next chapter of my life.

Why did you choose Chatham?

It is a small school that will give me the one-on-one attention I am looking for as I study my major.

What advice do you have for prospective students making their college decision?

Trust your instincts.  You’ll know in your heart what is right.  Also, enjoy every last minute of it.  As the cliche saying goes, “it goes fast.”  Just remember to live in the moment instead of the future

What’s surprised you most about Chatham so far?

I’ve really be surprised by all of the amazing professors that Chatham has to offer.

Childhood Dream Job: Counselor

Current Dream Job: Motivational Speaker

If you could only eat at one Pittsburgh restaurant for a full year, which one would you pick and why?

I would eat at Fat Heads.

If you could be best friends with any movie character, who would you pick and why?

Any character Sandra Bullock plays.  Regardless of who it may be – stubborn, motherly, hardcore – she always finds a way to get me to fall in love with her characters.

If you could join the cast of any TV show, which one would you pick and why?

The Big Bang Theory because they have every walk of life in their cast and understand how to mix that all while having a good time.  Then of course any opportunity I would get to work with Betty White, I could not pass up.

You have a friend visiting Pittsburgh for one day, and you’re planning the itinerary. Where do you take them?

One of my favorite sights is when you come through the Fort Pitt Tunnel into the city.  It’s as if, just when you’re coming out of the tunnel, the whole world opens up.  Its such a beautiful sight.  I would begin my day with this then probably take them to South Side Works.  I would then wrap my day up with one of my favorite restaurants.

You can live in the world of one book for a day. Which one do you choose and why?

The Alchemist because it is a story that you are consumed by.

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.