Looking Back at the Blog, Fall 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Want to read strange facts about cougars, learn leadership skills or study abroad without leaving Pittsburgh? We can help.

4 Can’t-Miss Leadership Training Programs at Chatham

Looking to lead? These programs will connect you to life-changing programs on campus.

7 Ways to Get the Most Out of a College Open House

After awhile, college Open Houses can all start to blend together. Our guide for prospective students gives tips to make a good impression, and absorb as much info as possible.

10 Facts You May Not Know About Cougars

Did you know cougars can’t actually roar? We didn’t, either.

Just Gender Screening: An Interview with Jason Lucarelli

When the Psychology of Gender Research Team hosted a screening of Just Gender in Eddy Theatre, we spoke with outreach coordinator Jason Lucarelli to get the scoop on what to expect.

5 Tips to Make Class Registration Easy

Spring 2015 registration may be winding down, but keep this guide handy for fall!

Courses to Give You an International Adventure Without Leaving Campus

You don’t have to study abroad to have a cool vacation. Learning about Oriental Sword with Ed Lipsman or Asian Foodways with Karen Kingsbury will seriously broaden your cultural understanding.

Days of Discovery: Shale and Public Health Conference Recap 10/26-10/27

Blog Section Editor and Sustainability Blogger Catherine Giles got a wildly cool internship with The League of Women Voters. Part of her responsibilities: attending a conference on shale gas drilling in Pennsylvania. She shared her main takeaways from the experience in November.

5 Things to Do Now to Make Finals Week Easier

Whether you want to prep for finals 14 weeks or 14 hours before you take them, these tips will help you get the most out of your study session.

10 Wacky (But Effective) Finals Week Strategies

Have you ever rehearsed a presentation naked in front of a mirror? Catherine Giles swears by it.  

Have a topic you’d like us to write about in Spring 2015 (or an article you’d like to write yourself)? Let us know in the comments or email maraflanagan@hercampus.com.

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.