Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Fall Trends: Necessities for 2012

As a college student on a budget, I am always looking for deals and signs that read CLEARANCE, 75% off and more! This season the trends for fall have changed and the styles range from dark oxblood colors to bright but seasonal mustard yellow and more.

As a Chatham College woman, I am excited to try new trends from spikes, to chunky jewelry, to statement necklaces, boots, printed scarves, bright colored skinny jeans, beanies, and more.

My style lately has transitioned in ways I would never imagine; on the weekends you can catch me in the local Pittsburgh Goodwill looking for beanies, oversized men’s shirts and oversized cardigans.

Here are some examples of must-haves for fall 2012:

Casual

Here is an outfit for a casual day in class…even your 8am math class! It’s simple yet still fashionable. 

Photo Source

In-the-Library-All-Day or Lazy Day Outfit (Layered Look)

-Oversized sweaters

-Leggings

-Knee High Boots

-Long Necklace

-Infinity Scarf

Photo Source

Headed to the Gym

-Oversized Sweater shirt

-Capri Leggings

-Sneakers

This look is fashionable, warm, and you still can attend class in it without looking like a bum.

Photo Source

Date Night or Movie Night

-Printed Flats

-Boyfriend Jeans

-Grannie Oversized Cardigan or Shaw

-White Tee

Photo Source: Pinterest

Neutral Day with a Spike of Snake Skin

Neutral day with a spike of snake skin

All of the pictures just give you a taste of what you can do during the fall season.  All of these styles can be recreated from pieces found in your local mall, Goodwill or thrift stores. I am an avid shopper in local Pittsburgh consignment shops and Goodwill stores and highly recommend them; after all, we’re all girls on a college budget!

Kasey Jones is the woman behind The Maven of Fashion by RaQuel Mac©. For more style news and inspiration every day, visit her website!

Photo Source

Fall Trends: Necessities for 2012