Don’t Panic! (at the Disco): Death of a Bachelor Headlining Tour Announced

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Panic! At the Disco is officially going on tour for their latest album, Death of a Bachelor. Lucky for us, they have a tour stop scheduled for Pittsburgh at the Petersen Events Center in Oakland. The concert should be easily reachable by bus from Chatham’s campus, though you may have to trek up Cardiac Hill – seeing Brendon Urie live is worth it though, I promise. I’ve seen him live twice now – both times I was thoroughly entertained and impressed. 

The concert date is far away on February 28th, 2017, but the good news is that next year is honestly much closer at this point than you would think, and it’s never bad to have something to look forward to for next semester either. Until the concert, you can listen to Panic! at the Disco’s discography on Spotify, and watch their music videos to (try to) prepare for the weird that is bound to happen considering the tentacle theme from the “Don’t Threaten Me With a Good Time” video has continued onto the official tour poster. 

Panic! at the Disco has never failed to impress with the songs they provide for movie soundtracks – “New Perspective” from the Jennifer’s Body soundtrack was basically the rebirth of their band post-breakup and solidified that they were here to stay. Their (finally) studio recorded cover of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” for this summer’s Suicide Squad film has held up to expectation, though fans have been hearing this incredible cover live at concerts for years now.

The band recently released a video for “L.A. Devotee,” from Death of a Bachelor. The video is quite dark and features Noah Schnapp from the Netflix Original Stranger Things – I’m sure this is not just a coincidence.

Panic! At the Disco recently visited CONAN to perform “Death of a Bachelor” to give a taste of the kind of live performances that can be expected during the upcoming tour.

General tickets sales for the Death of a Bachelor Tour will begin Friday, September 30th at 10am on Ticketmaster.com. The pre-sale started today (Monday) for people who had previously registered for their mailing list. The tickets are priced $37.50-$57.50, which are probably the highest I have seen ticket prices for one of their headlining tours.  However, Panic! at the Disco blew up this year – I’ve heard “Victorious” so much – and ticket prices often rise as a band does. Good luck, I hope to see you at the show!

Jessica Keller is a senior biochemistry major at Chatham University minoring in psychology and music. She is a culture writer for The Chatham Post. This summer, she started as a columnist for Queer PGH. Her poetry and prose have been featured in multiple editions of Chatham's Minor Bird literary magazine.
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.