Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Chatham Celebrities

Maggie McGovney, President of This is Me! Queer-Straight Alliance

By Mara Flanagan
October 25, 2014 - 11:30pm

Visitors to campus in early October are met with a powerful display: over 100 lanterns, stretching across the grass in the glowing formation of a rainbow flag. It's created in celebration of LGBT History Month, but it also serves as a powerful reminder of what so many members of the LGBTQIA community have found at Chatham for decades: a welcoming, safe community.  READ MORE

Kaitlyn Lacey, Editor of Chatham's "Minor Bird" Literary Magazine

By Mara Flanagan
October 11, 2014 - 10:00pm

Kaitlyn Lacey is a storyteller. Studying Creative Writing and Visual Arts, she drafts plenty of her own work. But as Editor of the Minor Bird, Chatham's literary magazine, she's shaping the narrative of a moment in time: the thoughts, ideas and fears of undergrads in 2014/2015. Long after she's flipped the tassel on her mortarboard, the two editions of Minor Bird crafted under her leadership will remain a tangible, meaningful part of Chatham's history. READ MORE

Rachael Owen, President of Beyond the Page Book Club

By Mara Flanagan
October 4, 2014 - 11:10pm

In late September, students leaving JKM Library find a cemetery at their feet. The Artist Collective-designed tombstones mark the graves of books deemed too dangerous for the masses. Banned Books Week challenges students to crack the spines of the works that scare us, and no one champions the cause more fully than Beyond the Page Book Club. Sure, the club offers plenty of opportunities for students to give bookbinding a try or craft a wand straight out of Ollivander's. But there are also chances for members to delve into a perilous, powerful literary adventure. Your guide: President Rachael Owens. READ MORE

Sarah Jugovic, Executive President of Chatham Student Government (CSG): Part 2

By Mara Flanagan
September 27, 2014 - 11:32pm

Last week, we published part 1 of our interview with Chatham Student Government (CSG) Executive President Sarah Jugovic. In part 2, she shares her thoughts on the coed announcement and her hopes for the year ahead.   HC Chatham: What is the most important thing that you learned from being a part of student government when that announcement was made last year? READ MORE

Sarah Jugovic, Executive President of Chatham Student Government (CSG): Part 1

By Mara Flanagan
September 20, 2014 - 11:56pm

Sarah Jugovic and I sat in Café Rachel and went over her schedule. 7:15am meetings, 3am emails. When most college students are sleeping, she's working. But there's not a hint of weariness on her face. In fact, she's beaming. It's not just charisma - it's commitment. She's the Executive President of Chatham Student Government, and she's ready to lead. Why did you choose Chatham? READ MORE

Angie Jasper, Director of Cultural and Community Events for Chatham University

By Mara Flanagan
September 13, 2014 - 11:57pm

READ MORE

Nominate a Campus Celebrity

By Mara Flanagan
September 6, 2014 - 11:03pm

Since Fall 2014 classes started, we've been working to bring exciting Campus Celeb features your way. Now, we want to hear who you want to read about! The Campus Celebrity section features students, alumni, professors, staff members and visiting performers. Whether they're working on an amazing project, teaching a cool class or starting their own business, our Celebs are always doing something to make the world a bit brighter. READ MORE

Cori Begg and Monica Cooney, Chatham University Alumni Relations

By Mara Flanagan
June 5, 2014 - 8:30am

Cori Begg (left) and Monica Cooney   Tucked away in Beatty House, Cori Begg and Monica Cooney are the big sisters to Chatham's entire alumnae network. As Director and Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, respectively, these leading ladies spend every day finding ways to bring the Chatham family closer.    READ MORE

Emily Cassel '13, Life Coach

By Mara Flanagan
May 19, 2014 - 12:00am

Emily Cassel knows how to run a meeting. As the Executive Vice President of Chatham Student Government, she spent her 2012/2013 academic year hosting monthly Student Organization Forums (SOFs) in Woodland. Crammed into the Residence Life Lounge, representatives nibbled on seasonal snack spreads, sprawling out on comfy couches or crowding around tables. Focusing dozens of students at 9pm sounds like a challenge, but everyone knew to settle down for a discussion when Cassel took her seat in the center of the floor.   READ MORE

Sarah Pesi: The Chatham Woman Changing Pennsylvania Law

By Mara Flanagan
April 19, 2014 - 10:01pm

In November 2013, we spoke with Sarah Pesi as she was getting ready for her anti-stalking bill to go to vote in the Pennsylvania House Judiciary Committee. On March 21, 2014, her bill was signed into law. We caught up with this inspirational first-year student to find out more about her past five years drafting and advocating for the bill. If you're interested in making a policy change, she's got advice for you! READ MORE