Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Chatham Celebrities

Cori Begg and Monica Cooney, Chatham University Alumni Relations

By Mara Flanagan
June 5, 2014 - 8:30am

Cori Begg (left) and Monica Cooney   Tucked away in Beatty House, Cori Begg and Monica Cooney are the big sisters to Chatham's entire alumnae network. As Director and Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, respectively, these leading ladies spend every day finding ways to bring the Chatham family closer.    READ MORE

Emily Cassel '13, Life Coach

By Mara Flanagan
May 19, 2014 - 12:00am

Emily Cassel knows how to run a meeting. As the Executive Vice President of Chatham Student Government, she spent her 2012/2013 academic year hosting monthly Student Organization Forums (SOFs) in Woodland. Crammed into the Residence Life Lounge, representatives nibbled on seasonal snack spreads, sprawling out on comfy couches or crowding around tables. Focusing dozens of students at 9pm sounds like a challenge, but everyone knew to settle down for a discussion when Cassel took her seat in the center of the floor.   READ MORE

Sarah Pesi: The Chatham Woman Changing Pennsylvania Law

By Mara Flanagan
April 19, 2014 - 10:01pm

In November 2013, we spoke with Sarah Pesi as she was getting ready for her anti-stalking bill to go to vote in the Pennsylvania House Judiciary Committee. On March 21, 2014, her bill was signed into law. We caught up with this inspirational first-year student to find out more about her past five years drafting and advocating for the bill. If you're interested in making a policy change, she's got advice for you! READ MORE

Nominate a Springtime Campus Celebrity!

By Mara Flanagan
April 12, 2014 - 11:46pm

We love interviewing amazing students, alums, visiting performers/lecturers and faculty and staff members. If there's someone you'd love us to interview, nominate them! You can access the form by clicking here, or just write your recommendation in the comments on this article. Thanks! READ MORE

Follow-Up Friday: Five Questions for Courtney Druzak, Editor of The Minor Bird

By Mara Flanagan
April 4, 2014 - 10:49pm

Follow-Up Friday is a new HC Chatham feature! We're checking back in with Celebs we've featured in the past to see what they're up to now. We interviewed Campus Celebrity Courtney Druzak for the first time in November 2013. Now, we're catching up with her as she prepares for the publication of the spring 2014 edition! What do you love the most about editing The Minor Bird this year?  READ MORE

Follow-Up Friday: Five Questions for Dr. Katie Cruger, Creator of the Media and Social Change Conference

By Mara Flanagan
March 28, 2014 - 9:25pm

Follow-Up Friday is a new HC Chatham feature! We're checking back in with Celebs we've featured in the past to see what they're up to now. READ MORE

Follow-Up Friday: Five Questions for Kate Wenger, Reference Librarian at Chatham University

By Mara Flanagan
March 21, 2014 - 10:51pm

READ MORE

Special Edition: Chatham in the News

By Mara Flanagan
March 8, 2014 - 5:05pm

Since Chatham announced the possibility of going coed, the story prompted voices from all over the city and beyond to join the conversation. To keep track of it all, we’ll be posting links to articles, videos and audio clips that express an opinion. Spot an article or video we haven’t added yet? Feel free to tell us in the comments. Note: Stories that appear here do not reflect the views of Her Campus Chatham. READ MORE

Miss Representation: Reactions from the Panel of Experts

By Mara Flanagan
March 1, 2014 - 11:26pm

On Thursday, February 27, four panelists and an emcee embarked on a challenging mission: dissect Miss Representation in roughly thirty minutes. Hosted by the Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics and Her Campus Chatham, the screening encouraged dozens of Chatham students and community members to chzllenge the portrayal of women in the media. Armed with cups of water and positioned firmly in the spotlight, the group of five experts gave the entire audience in the Eddy Theatre a new perspective.  READ MORE

Hillary Lotz, 2014 Boston Marathon Runner

By Mara Flanagan
February 22, 2014 - 11:46pm

READ MORE