Campus Cuties of Fall 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Some of our Campus Cuties this semester have big dreams! Check them out!

Melanie Landsittel

Area of study and how you chose it: I am majoring in Visual Arts with a double concentration in Art History and Studio, as well as minoring in Museum Studies, with a certificate in International Studies: Europe. I’ve always been very involved in the visual arts, and knew that if I chose do to anything else with my life I would end up miserable, I think with things like that you need to trust yourself, and even though it’s not very profitable, doing good work in a field that you love always gives you more than any salary can.

Current Dream Job: Museum Director, preferably somewhere in Belgium or France. 

Jorjanna (Jorj) Smith 

Area of study and how you chose it: Secondary History Education and Women’s Public Health. I used to be art education until my freshman year revelation and deciding art was more of a hobby than a passion. Taking Ethics and Women’s Issues and having Dr. Bruckner as my ENG105 professor in my first semester inspired me to do more than facilitate art projects with kids. I wanted to make a difference with youth in a way that would better their lives forever. History was always a very strong subject of mine, and I wanted to educate people about the hidden histories of America, not just the nationalistic white cis male version we are so used to hearing. In this, I feel that people can better understand the struggles of those who continue to be oppressed today. I also wanted to study Women’s Public Health for a lot of the same reasons. I am an extremely sex-positive feminist and I firmly believe in the education of women about their bodies and that sex should be an enjoyable experience. 

Current Dream Job: I would like to teach secondary American history and talk about the view of various P.O.C.s as well as women and LGBTQIA+ in history. I also want to start a women’s health outreach center specific to education and advocacy. Basically by day I want to be a regular history teacher but by night I want to go around with vagina puppets, condoms, and research and educate and advocate for women and girls having a right to their bodies. I am considering becoming a professor for Women’s Studies, with a concentration in Public Health because I really would like to do research and be able to go to conferences and publish works to inspire change. 

Grace Wargo

Area of study and how you chose it: I am in the Interior Architecture Program. What really inspired me to choose this major was actually my father. He is a master carpenter and works on historical mansions for a living, so I grew up seeing all this and realized that I really am interested in this as well.

Current Dream Job: I really want to design the interiors of residential homes, and have my own upholstering business on the side.

Ashe Nicholson 

Area of study and how you chose it: Creative Writing. I’ve always had a love for writing, it’s one of the ways I can express thoughts and ideas and share them with the world. Naturally Creative Writing just seemed to fit.

Current Dream Job: I have so many. Photographer, vocalist, anthropologist, paleontologist, writer… I like to explore my options. 

Marisa Rosner

Area of study and how you chose it: Psychology is my area of study. I aspire to be a motivational speaker and knew I wanted to do something that would help me better understand this field. The ability to understand people and why they do what they do is a perfect fit to compliment my career path.

Current Dream Job: Motivational Speaker

Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.